- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
Cavs News: LeBron James in Jeopardy of Missing Opening Night vs. Celtics
- Updated: October 11, 2017
After seeing his first preseason action in the Cleveland Cavaliers‘ loss to the Chicago Bulls on Tuesday night, Cavs forward LeBron James has been ruled out of the preseason finale on Friday night against the Orlando Magic. More importantly, his status for the regular season opener next Tuesday night against the Boston Celtics is now in question.
Joe Vardon of Cleveland.com noted that James experienced soreness in his left ankle after having sat out the team’s first three preseason games. Cavs head coach Tyronn Lue explained the situation on Wednesday.
“He was experiencing soreness so he won’t practice tomorrow, he won’t play on Friday, either,” Lue said. “So, um, (LeBron is) pretty mad, pretty pissed off. But I mean, it is what it is.
“He got treatment all day today, so I’m not sure if we should be concerned or not. But it’s pretty sore today so we’ll just see what happens.”
Besides the anticipation of the Cavaliers opening the season, the game against the Celtics has been a game that’s gained even more focus because it will mark the first time that Kyrie Irving will be facing his old team. Irving had asked for a trade this past summer, specifically citing the presence of playing with James as one of the reasons for his request.