- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
- Report: Cavs Will ‘Undoubtedly’ Try to Get Another 1st-Round Pick for 2019 NBA Draft
- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits Eastern Conference Easier Now That LeBron James Is Gone
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Coaching and Guiding Youngsters in Philippines
- Here’s Why the Cavs Might Still End Up With R.J. Barrett on Draft Night
- Report: Cavs to Meet With Duke University’s Cam Reddish
Report: Dwyane Wade Finalizing Deal to Join Cavs for 2017-18 Season
- Updated: September 26, 2017
Just moments after one report claimed Dwyane Wade was heavily leaning towards signing with the Cleveland Cavaliers, ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski has all but confirmed that Wade will indeed sign with the Cavs.
Dwyane Wade is nearing a commitment to sign with Cleveland and could finalize decision as soon as Wednesday, league sources tell ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) September 26, 2017
Wojnarowski added to his report in a Tuesday morning article:
“Wade, who agreed to a contract buyout with Chicago, will clear waivers on Wednesday and become an unrestricted free agent,” he wrote. “Wade has been pulled to rejoin LeBron James on the Cavaliers. Wade and James are longtime friends, and were teammates on two NBA championship teams with the Miami Heat.”
The Cavs have seemed like frontrunners to land the 12-time All-Star ever since it was reported that Wade was aiming to reach a contract buyout agreement with the Chicago Bulls. Wade has been vocal about pursuing one more NBA championship before calling it a career. Joining James in Cleveland proves that Wade is committed to that pursuit.
This isn’t over and it is possible that Wade could make a last-minute decision to sign elsewhere, but it’s beginning to look like the Cavs are on the cusp of welcoming Wade to Cleveland.