- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Report: Dwyane Wade Finalizing Deal to Join Cavs for 2017-18 Season
- Updated: September 26, 2017
Just moments after one report claimed Dwyane Wade was heavily leaning towards signing with the Cleveland Cavaliers, ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski has all but confirmed that Wade will indeed sign with the Cavs.
Dwyane Wade is nearing a commitment to sign with Cleveland and could finalize decision as soon as Wednesday, league sources tell ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) September 26, 2017
Wojnarowski added to his report in a Tuesday morning article:
“Wade, who agreed to a contract buyout with Chicago, will clear waivers on Wednesday and become an unrestricted free agent,” he wrote. “Wade has been pulled to rejoin LeBron James on the Cavaliers. Wade and James are longtime friends, and were teammates on two NBA championship teams with the Miami Heat.”
The Cavs have seemed like frontrunners to land the 12-time All-Star ever since it was reported that Wade was aiming to reach a contract buyout agreement with the Chicago Bulls. Wade has been vocal about pursuing one more NBA championship before calling it a career. Joining James in Cleveland proves that Wade is committed to that pursuit.
This isn’t over and it is possible that Wade could make a last-minute decision to sign elsewhere, but it’s beginning to look like the Cavs are on the cusp of welcoming Wade to Cleveland.