- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Report: Dwyane Wade Finalizing Deal to Join Cavs for 2017-18 Season
- Updated: September 26, 2017
Just moments after one report claimed Dwyane Wade was heavily leaning towards signing with the Cleveland Cavaliers, ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski has all but confirmed that Wade will indeed sign with the Cavs.
Dwyane Wade is nearing a commitment to sign with Cleveland and could finalize decision as soon as Wednesday, league sources tell ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) September 26, 2017
Wojnarowski added to his report in a Tuesday morning article:
“Wade, who agreed to a contract buyout with Chicago, will clear waivers on Wednesday and become an unrestricted free agent,” he wrote. “Wade has been pulled to rejoin LeBron James on the Cavaliers. Wade and James are longtime friends, and were teammates on two NBA championship teams with the Miami Heat.”
The Cavs have seemed like frontrunners to land the 12-time All-Star ever since it was reported that Wade was aiming to reach a contract buyout agreement with the Chicago Bulls. Wade has been vocal about pursuing one more NBA championship before calling it a career. Joining James in Cleveland proves that Wade is committed to that pursuit.
This isn’t over and it is possible that Wade could make a last-minute decision to sign elsewhere, but it’s beginning to look like the Cavs are on the cusp of welcoming Wade to Cleveland.