- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Report: Dwyane Wade Finalizing Deal to Join Cavs for 2017-18 Season
- Updated: September 26, 2017
Just moments after one report claimed Dwyane Wade was heavily leaning towards signing with the Cleveland Cavaliers, ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski has all but confirmed that Wade will indeed sign with the Cavs.
Dwyane Wade is nearing a commitment to sign with Cleveland and could finalize decision as soon as Wednesday, league sources tell ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) September 26, 2017
Wojnarowski added to his report in a Tuesday morning article:
“Wade, who agreed to a contract buyout with Chicago, will clear waivers on Wednesday and become an unrestricted free agent,” he wrote. “Wade has been pulled to rejoin LeBron James on the Cavaliers. Wade and James are longtime friends, and were teammates on two NBA championship teams with the Miami Heat.”
The Cavs have seemed like frontrunners to land the 12-time All-Star ever since it was reported that Wade was aiming to reach a contract buyout agreement with the Chicago Bulls. Wade has been vocal about pursuing one more NBA championship before calling it a career. Joining James in Cleveland proves that Wade is committed to that pursuit.
This isn’t over and it is possible that Wade could make a last-minute decision to sign elsewhere, but it’s beginning to look like the Cavs are on the cusp of welcoming Wade to Cleveland.