- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
Pat Riley References Kyrie Irving While Throwing Shade at Cleveland Cavaliers
- Updated: September 22, 2017
On Friday, Riley proved once again that he still holds a grudge against his former star. During a Friday morning news conference, Riley brought up point guard Kyrie Irving‘s departure as a reason why the Heat might be able to compete with the Cleveland Cavaliers in the upcoming season.
“Cleveland lost who I thought was next to Steph Curry, the best true point guard both ways in Kyrie Irving; they got a great one back [Isiah Thomas] but there are questions there [with an injury],” he said according to the Miami Herald‘s Barry Jackson. “We see an opportunity because there isn’t a Golden State in our conference or San Antonio or Houston. We will take advantage if we can….”
It seems Riley thinks his team may have a shot against the Cavs now that Irving has been traded to the Boston Celtics. After finishing last season ranked ninth in the Eastern Conference, perhaps his first goal should be to make the playoffs before he aims his sites on dethroning the reigning conference champions.