- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Pat Riley References Kyrie Irving While Throwing Shade at Cleveland Cavaliers
- Updated: September 22, 2017
On Friday, Riley proved once again that he still holds a grudge against his former star. During a Friday morning news conference, Riley brought up point guard Kyrie Irving‘s departure as a reason why the Heat might be able to compete with the Cleveland Cavaliers in the upcoming season.
“Cleveland lost who I thought was next to Steph Curry, the best true point guard both ways in Kyrie Irving; they got a great one back [Isiah Thomas] but there are questions there [with an injury],” he said according to the Miami Herald‘s Barry Jackson. “We see an opportunity because there isn’t a Golden State in our conference or San Antonio or Houston. We will take advantage if we can….”
It seems Riley thinks his team may have a shot against the Cavs now that Irving has been traded to the Boston Celtics. After finishing last season ranked ninth in the Eastern Conference, perhaps his first goal should be to make the playoffs before he aims his sites on dethroning the reigning conference champions.