- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
- Report: Nets in ‘active discussions’ with Cavs for JaVale McGee, also interested in Kevin Love
- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
Video: With Kyrie Irving Watching His IG Live, Isaiah Thomas Says He ‘Will Average 25’ for Cavs
- Updated: September 17, 2017
On Sunday, Isaiah Thomas and his two sons, Jaiden and James, took advantage of the Cleveland Cavaliers‘ practice facility and enjoyed a quiet day on the court. At one point, Thomas decided to turn on his Instagram Live and while love poured in from fans, his sons noticed that some fellow NBA stars were watching along.
“Kyrie’s (Irving) on this,” one of his sons said as Thomas dribbled in the background. “Kyrie’s right there. Kyrie’s watching!”
Thomas then approached and took the phone from his sons.
“Big C’s, look at that big C,” Thomas said as he showed the large Cavaliers logo in the middle of the court. “IG Live, what’s up with y’all? I will average at least 25 (points), I could do that in my sleep. I’m a professional scorer, I do that in my sleep.”
See the video below.
Thomas has been very open about his determination to come back from his lingering hip injury and return to All-Star form. He has also been honest about the fact that he took the Boston Celtics trading him for Irving very personally. Given that, it should come as no surprise that he sees Irving as a rival, and while he made the promise to the many fans watching his stream, he surely posed it as a challenge to Irving as well.
Hopefully Thomas is able to return from injury soon so he can put his money where his mouth is.