- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Video: Jae Crowder Says He and LeBron James on Same Team Will Be ‘Dangerous’
- Updated: September 7, 2017
While Thomas has been the most discussed asset of last week’s trade that sent Kyrie Irving to the Boston Celtics, Crowder has also been considered a highly valuable addition as well. During Thurday’s presser, Crowder commented on what he brings to the table and discussed how he and LeBron James on the court will be a dangerous combination.
Crowder began by saying what it was like matching up against James when he was still a member of the Celtics.
“What was it like trying to slow him down? Very tough, obviously. He’s the best player in the world,” he said. “I tried to study him. I studied play calls as coach knows. It is tough, you gotta do your homework, for sure, or you’ll get embarrassed. I learned that the hard way early on in my career.”
He later added how he and James will compliment each other as teammates.
“For me to play alongside him it would be pretty, it would be pretty scary for opponents, you know? To play alongside us two, with how dominant we are on the court and how fierceful we play,” Crowder said. “I would be very excited for us to get along and play alongside each other.”
See what else Crowder had to say below.
— clevelanddotcom Cavs (@PDcavsinsider) September 7, 2017
Much of Crowder’s value comes from his ability to back up James as a strong defensive stopper and a solid scoring option. Still, with James’ propensity to play any position on the court depending on the lineup, it is likely that Crowder will get his opportunity to prove just how scary the two of them can be when playing side by side.