- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Video: Jae Crowder Says He and LeBron James on Same Team Will Be ‘Dangerous’
- Updated: September 7, 2017
While Thomas has been the most discussed asset of last week’s trade that sent Kyrie Irving to the Boston Celtics, Crowder has also been considered a highly valuable addition as well. During Thurday’s presser, Crowder commented on what he brings to the table and discussed how he and LeBron James on the court will be a dangerous combination.
Crowder began by saying what it was like matching up against James when he was still a member of the Celtics.
“What was it like trying to slow him down? Very tough, obviously. He’s the best player in the world,” he said. “I tried to study him. I studied play calls as coach knows. It is tough, you gotta do your homework, for sure, or you’ll get embarrassed. I learned that the hard way early on in my career.”
He later added how he and James will compliment each other as teammates.
“For me to play alongside him it would be pretty, it would be pretty scary for opponents, you know? To play alongside us two, with how dominant we are on the court and how fierceful we play,” Crowder said. “I would be very excited for us to get along and play alongside each other.”
See what else Crowder had to say below.
— clevelanddotcom Cavs (@PDcavsinsider) September 7, 2017
Much of Crowder’s value comes from his ability to back up James as a strong defensive stopper and a solid scoring option. Still, with James’ propensity to play any position on the court depending on the lineup, it is likely that Crowder will get his opportunity to prove just how scary the two of them can be when playing side by side.