- Larry Nance Jr. Backs LeBron James Against Criticism From Skip Bayless
- Larry Nance Jr. Roasts Cavs Rookie Dylan Windler on Social Media
- 2-Time All-Star Raves About Cavs Rookie Kevin Porter Jr.
- Video: Kevin Love Celebrates With C.J. McCollum Over Contract Extension With Portland Trail Blazers
- Patrick Beverley Congratulates Sindarius Thornwell After Signing With Cavs
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Sign Sindarius Thornwell to One-Year Deal
- Richard Jefferson Says 2016 Cavs Were ‘Dysfunctional’
- Report: 3 Players That Could Fill Remaining Roster Spot for Cavs
- Former Cavs Player Rips Dan Gilbert and David Griffin Following Griffin’s Recent Comments
- David Griffin Says LeBron James Isn’t ‘Same Animal Anymore About Winning’
Tristan Thompson Sends Farewell Message to Kyrie Irving via Social Media
- Updated: September 1, 2017
The Kyrie Irving fiasco finally ended on Wednesday night, as the Boston Celtics threw in a 2020 second-round draft pick to send the Cleveland Cavaliers an asset-heavy package containing Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic, and Brooklyn’s 2018 first-round draft pick.
Several of Irving’s former teammates were sorry to see him to go, and it was even reported that several in LeBron James’ camp had wished Irving and James had worked out their differences and ultimately nixed the blockbuster trade.
One former teammate, and the fourth overall pick in the 2011 NBA Draft, Tristan Thompson, let his feelings be known on Thursday night as he sent out a farewell tweet to his fellow draft mate.
Thompson was perhaps one of Irving’s closest friends on the team as they were a part of the same draft class, even though the center is a year older than Irving at age 26.
The Cavs will have to move on quickly with their new teammates as James and company will be hosting a minicamp in Santa Barbara later this month.