- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Tristan Thompson Sends Farewell Message to Kyrie Irving via Social Media
- Updated: September 1, 2017
The Kyrie Irving fiasco finally ended on Wednesday night, as the Boston Celtics threw in a 2020 second-round draft pick to send the Cleveland Cavaliers an asset-heavy package containing Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic, and Brooklyn’s 2018 first-round draft pick.
Several of Irving’s former teammates were sorry to see him to go, and it was even reported that several in LeBron James’ camp had wished Irving and James had worked out their differences and ultimately nixed the blockbuster trade.
One former teammate, and the fourth overall pick in the 2011 NBA Draft, Tristan Thompson, let his feelings be known on Thursday night as he sent out a farewell tweet to his fellow draft mate.
Thompson was perhaps one of Irving’s closest friends on the team as they were a part of the same draft class, even though the center is a year older than Irving at age 26.
The Cavs will have to move on quickly with their new teammates as James and company will be hosting a minicamp in Santa Barbara later this month.