- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Cavs Rumors: Cavaliers Targeting Two Young Players From Celtics
- Updated: August 27, 2017
According to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, the Cleveland Cavaliers are targeting two additional young players from the Boston Celtics after a physical exam of Isaiah Thomas’ hip revealed that the point guard’s injury was worse than expected:
“Now, Cleveland is going to try to inquire about a couple of the Celtics’ young players, Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, who they tried to get in the original trade, that is very unlikely. But Boston still has a war chest of future first-round picks of their own, and some picks they control from other teams, and Cleveland is going to try to get one more of those to finalize this deal.”
The original trade had the Cavs sending point guard Kyrie Irving to the Celtics in exchange for Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic, and Brooklyn’s 2018 first-round draft pick. However, after Thomas’ physical revealed the extent of his injury, the Cavs are seeking more than the originally proposed package.
Story posting soon on ESPN: After Thomas physical, Cavs planning to seek further compensation before finalizing Irving trade to Boston.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) August 26, 2017
Wojnarowski also cautioned that the Celtics will “resist” the idea of throwing in another asset to appease the Cavs, however, with Thomas reportedly “hurt” by his trade and Irving unwilling to report to Cleveland’s training camp, something will eventually will have to give.
Let’s just hope that it’s Boston that finally gives in.