- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
- Report: It’s ‘doubtful’ Cavs will be able to trade Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Cavs expected to offer Jarrett Allen massive multiyear contract
Cavs Fans Already Have Shirts and Hats Urging LeBron to Stay Home in 2018
- Updated: August 19, 2017
With Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James possibly taking his talents away from Cleveland again next year, keeping him as a member of the Cavs beyond the 2017-18 campaign has resulted in a business opportunity for some local companies.
The T-shirts and hats available in James’ hometown of Akron have everything but the Cavaliers’ name mentioned or their logo featured, both of which would result in copyright violations. Yet they do have the team colors, James’ number and a desperate plea that all Cleveland fans are hoping that the superstar listens to next July. Thus, the message is being delivered loud and clear.
So this is already happening in Akron pic.twitter.com/f5ekd5bsI6
— Ben Axelrod (@BenAxelrod) August 19, 2017
In reality, all of the marketing moves and begging that are likely to take place over the next 10-plus months are unlikely to sway the 14-year veteran. Instead, the key factors will ultimately boil down to how the Kyrie Irving situation is resolved, whether or not the team’s front office makes the necessary moves to improve the team during the season, and how well the Cavs are able to compete against elite teams, most notably the defending champion Golden State Warriors.
As those three components unfold, speculation will inevitably rise, which could be a boon for the above items. That means that each utterance by James will be carefully examined for any possible hint of his future plans.