- Report: LaMelo Ball has no plans to meet with Cavs ahead of 2020 NBA Draft
- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
Video: Stephen Curry Discusses His Basketball Rivalry With LeBron James
- Updated: August 8, 2017
The rivalry between LeBron James and Stephen Curry is perhaps one of the better player rivalries we have in the NBA today. Not only have the two faced each other in the last three NBA Finals, but since the 2008-09 season, the NBA MVP has been hoisted by either James or Curry all but three times.
Following a recent video of Curry mocking James’ Instagram workout video, ESPN sat down with Curry to discuss how he feels about their on-court rivalry.
“Well he’s in the way of me getting another trophy and I was in the way the last three years, and you battle it out,” he said. “Beyond that, we’re two totally different people and have a lot of things going on. We’re in different times in our careers and things like that. So, I don’t take it any further besides the last three years I’ve tried to win a championship and he’s been on the other side.”
While both players have somewhat downplayed the existence of a rivalry, if the two continue to square off in future NBA Finals and pursue greatness, it may very well go down as one of the greatest NBA rivalries of all-time.