- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Photos leaked of ‘hulked up’ Collin Sexton from Cavs minicamp
- Kevin Garnett schools LeBron James fans ‘who don’t know s–t’ about Cavs’ 2010 playoff collapse
- Report: Cavs source identifies several improvements in Darius Garland’s game
- Report: Cavs internally comparing Collin Sexton to Donovan Mitchell and Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Cavs will look for ‘defensive-minded players’ in NBA free agency
- Report: Cavs confidently view J.B. Bickerstaff as ‘head coach of the future’
- Cavs Rumors: Collin Sexton Looking ‘Monstrous’ and ‘Huge’ After Working on Body During Hiatus
- Here’s the Latest Update on ‘Mutual Interest’ Between Tristan Thompson and the Cavs
- Report: Darius Garland ‘Feels Snubbed and Disrespected’ by Exclusion From All-Rookie Teams
Report: Hostility Increasing Between LeBron James and Kyrie Irving
- Updated: July 25, 2017
Any thoughts of Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Kyrie Irving changing his mind regarding the trade request he first made on July 7 now appear to be extremely remote. The chief reason is that the level of animosity between Irving and LeBron James appears to have increased significantly according to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst.
Windy: "There's an incredible amount of animus that has built up between LeBron and Kyrie."
— Scott @ WFNY (@WFNYScott) July 24, 2017
Since news broke on Friday about the trade request, rumblings have surfaced from multiple sources about issues between Irving, James and their respective camps. Some complaints have been lodged by friends of Irving, with James offering more subtle jabs.
In the latter case, James was reportedly irked by being seen as the chief reason that Irving had made his trade request, along with the fact that other teammates found out about Irving’s plans before he did.
Whichever team that Irving ends up on now figures to make any of that team’s games for the coming season against the Cavs likely to be shown on national television to fully exploit this newest NBA feud.