- Report: LaMelo Ball has no plans to meet with Cavs ahead of 2020 NBA Draft
- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
Report: Teams Monitoring Whether J.R. Smith Will Be Available on Buyout Market
- Updated: December 28, 2018
According to Shams Charania of The Athletic, teams are closely monitoring whether Cleveland Cavaliers guard J.R. Smith will become available on the buyout market after this season’s NBA trade deadline:
“Teams are monitoring whether Cavaliers guard J.R. Smith will become available in the buyout market after the NBA’s trade deadline — if he isn’t traded. The Rockets expressed interest in Smith dating back to the summer.”
Earlier last month, Smith expressed his desire to be traded from the Cavs due to his belief that the team’s goal was not to win this year, but rather tank for a lottery pick.
Wherever Smith ends up going, his contributions to the Cavs simply cannot be overstated, as he was an integral piece behind the Cavs’ championship year in 2016 as well as the team’s four consecutive trips to the NBA Finals from 2015 to 2018.
This season’s trade deadline falls on Feb. 7, 2019.