- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Report: Teams Monitoring Whether J.R. Smith Will Be Available on Buyout Market
- Updated: December 28, 2018
According to Shams Charania of The Athletic, teams are closely monitoring whether Cleveland Cavaliers guard J.R. Smith will become available on the buyout market after this season’s NBA trade deadline:
“Teams are monitoring whether Cavaliers guard J.R. Smith will become available in the buyout market after the NBA’s trade deadline — if he isn’t traded. The Rockets expressed interest in Smith dating back to the summer.”
Earlier last month, Smith expressed his desire to be traded from the Cavs due to his belief that the team’s goal was not to win this year, but rather tank for a lottery pick.
Wherever Smith ends up going, his contributions to the Cavs simply cannot be overstated, as he was an integral piece behind the Cavs’ championship year in 2016 as well as the team’s four consecutive trips to the NBA Finals from 2015 to 2018.
This season’s trade deadline falls on Feb. 7, 2019.