- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
Report: Teams Monitoring Whether J.R. Smith Will Be Available on Buyout Market
- Updated: December 28, 2018
According to Shams Charania of The Athletic, teams are closely monitoring whether Cleveland Cavaliers guard J.R. Smith will become available on the buyout market after this season’s NBA trade deadline:
“Teams are monitoring whether Cavaliers guard J.R. Smith will become available in the buyout market after the NBA’s trade deadline — if he isn’t traded. The Rockets expressed interest in Smith dating back to the summer.”
Earlier last month, Smith expressed his desire to be traded from the Cavs due to his belief that the team’s goal was not to win this year, but rather tank for a lottery pick.
Wherever Smith ends up going, his contributions to the Cavs simply cannot be overstated, as he was an integral piece behind the Cavs’ championship year in 2016 as well as the team’s four consecutive trips to the NBA Finals from 2015 to 2018.
This season’s trade deadline falls on Feb. 7, 2019.