- Richard Jefferson’s 3 Hilarious Tweets Sum Up Warriors-Blazers Series Perfectly
- Cavs News: Collin Sexton Named to All-Rookie Second Team
- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
- Report: Cavs Will ‘Undoubtedly’ Try to Get Another 1st-Round Pick for 2019 NBA Draft
- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits Eastern Conference Easier Now That LeBron James Is Gone
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Coaching and Guiding Youngsters in Philippines
Report: Teams Monitoring Whether J.R. Smith Will Be Available on Buyout Market
- Updated: December 28, 2018
According to Shams Charania of The Athletic, teams are closely monitoring whether Cleveland Cavaliers guard J.R. Smith will become available on the buyout market after this season’s NBA trade deadline:
“Teams are monitoring whether Cavaliers guard J.R. Smith will become available in the buyout market after the NBA’s trade deadline — if he isn’t traded. The Rockets expressed interest in Smith dating back to the summer.”
Earlier last month, Smith expressed his desire to be traded from the Cavs due to his belief that the team’s goal was not to win this year, but rather tank for a lottery pick.
Wherever Smith ends up going, his contributions to the Cavs simply cannot be overstated, as he was an integral piece behind the Cavs’ championship year in 2016 as well as the team’s four consecutive trips to the NBA Finals from 2015 to 2018.
This season’s trade deadline falls on Feb. 7, 2019.