- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
Photo: Cleveland Cavaliers New 2017-18 Wine-Colored Jerseys Leaked
- Updated: July 25, 2017
The changes that will take place with respect to the Cleveland Cavaliers‘ uniforms are due in part to the NBA’s new contract with Nike and among the new uniforms the Cavaliers will be wearing during the 2017-18 campaign are new wine-colored jerseys. A photo of this new version was leaked via social media on Tuesday, although the fact that the mannequin is wearing what would be Kyrie Irving‘s jersey will no doubt result in snickers due to his trade request last week and subsequent feuding with LeBron James.
— John Sabol (@John_Sabol) July 25, 2017
The uniform change for the team had been announced two months ago when the decision was also made to have a small Goodyear Wingfoot logo that will be located on the left shoulder area. The patch is part of a sponsorship agreement with the company and comes after the NBA gave the go-ahead for teams to increase their revenue through those partnerships.
The wine color has been a part of the franchise’s history for a good portion of their previous 47 seasons in the NBA, though some are likening this version to the recent uniforms of the Atlanta Hawks. For the wine jerseys, the Goodyear logo will be gold and navy blue.