- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Cavs News: An Update on Cleveland Cavaliers’ Pursuit of Derrick Rose
- Updated: July 22, 2017
Derrick Rose to have face-to-face meeting with Cavaliers in coming days, league sources tell ESPN. No decision expected until next week.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) July 21, 2017
Rose is a three-time All-Star who played last season with the New York Knicks, averaging 18.0 points, 4.4 assists and 3.8 rebounds per game. Over his eight years in the NBA, he’s averaged 19.5 points, 6.0 assists and 3.7 rebounds per game.
The 28-year-old veteran spent his first seven seasons as a member of the Chicago Bulls, though he’s continued to struggle with knee troubles that began during the 2011-12 season, one year after he won league MVP honors. During his season with the Knicks, Rose missed the final five games after undergoing arthroscopic surgery due to a torn meniscus in his left knee.
Other teams are also pursuing Rose, most notably the Los Angeles Lakers. With the Cavaliers recently learning that superstar point guard Kyrie Irving is seeking a trade from the team, adding a prolific guard like Rose could not have come at better time.