- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Photos leaked of ‘hulked up’ Collin Sexton from Cavs minicamp
- Kevin Garnett schools LeBron James fans ‘who don’t know s–t’ about Cavs’ 2010 playoff collapse
- Report: Cavs source identifies several improvements in Darius Garland’s game
- Report: Cavs internally comparing Collin Sexton to Donovan Mitchell and Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Cavs will look for ‘defensive-minded players’ in NBA free agency
- Report: Cavs confidently view J.B. Bickerstaff as ‘head coach of the future’
- Cavs Rumors: Collin Sexton Looking ‘Monstrous’ and ‘Huge’ After Working on Body During Hiatus
- Here’s the Latest Update on ‘Mutual Interest’ Between Tristan Thompson and the Cavs
- Report: Darius Garland ‘Feels Snubbed and Disrespected’ by Exclusion From All-Rookie Teams
Cavs News: An Update on Cleveland Cavaliers’ Pursuit of Derrick Rose
- Updated: July 22, 2017
Derrick Rose to have face-to-face meeting with Cavaliers in coming days, league sources tell ESPN. No decision expected until next week.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) July 21, 2017
Rose is a three-time All-Star who played last season with the New York Knicks, averaging 18.0 points, 4.4 assists and 3.8 rebounds per game. Over his eight years in the NBA, he’s averaged 19.5 points, 6.0 assists and 3.7 rebounds per game.
The 28-year-old veteran spent his first seven seasons as a member of the Chicago Bulls, though he’s continued to struggle with knee troubles that began during the 2011-12 season, one year after he won league MVP honors. During his season with the Knicks, Rose missed the final five games after undergoing arthroscopic surgery due to a torn meniscus in his left knee.
Other teams are also pursuing Rose, most notably the Los Angeles Lakers. With the Cavaliers recently learning that superstar point guard Kyrie Irving is seeking a trade from the team, adding a prolific guard like Rose could not have come at better time.