- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Photos leaked of ‘hulked up’ Collin Sexton from Cavs minicamp
- Kevin Garnett schools LeBron James fans ‘who don’t know s–t’ about Cavs’ 2010 playoff collapse
- Report: Cavs source identifies several improvements in Darius Garland’s game
- Report: Cavs internally comparing Collin Sexton to Donovan Mitchell and Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Cavs will look for ‘defensive-minded players’ in NBA free agency
- Report: Cavs confidently view J.B. Bickerstaff as ‘head coach of the future’
- Cavs Rumors: Collin Sexton Looking ‘Monstrous’ and ‘Huge’ After Working on Body During Hiatus
- Here’s the Latest Update on ‘Mutual Interest’ Between Tristan Thompson and the Cavs
- Report: Darius Garland ‘Feels Snubbed and Disrespected’ by Exclusion From All-Rookie Teams
Report: Cavs and Andre Drummond Have Shown Mutual Interest in Contract Extension
- Updated: June 27, 2020
“At this point, sources say, both sides have shown interest in an extension,” Fedor wrote. “But there’s so much to figure out before late October, when Drummond could technically sign a new deal.”
Drummond, 26, announced earlier this week that he would be picking up his $28.7 million option to stay in Cleveland next season.
The novel coronavirus minimized Drummond’s sample size in Cleveland this year. Still, he showed the Cavs that he was worth the investment.
In a Cavs uniform, Drummond averaged 17.5 points, 11.1 boards and 1.5 steals per game this season. He produced on the floor, jelled with teammates quickly and served as good voice of encouragement to the squad’s youngsters.
The Cavs concluded the 2019-20 campaign with a 19-46 record.