- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
- Report: It’s ‘doubtful’ Cavs will be able to trade Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Cavs expected to offer Jarrett Allen massive multiyear contract
Report: Cavs and Andre Drummond Have Shown Mutual Interest in Contract Extension
- Updated: June 27, 2020
“At this point, sources say, both sides have shown interest in an extension,” Fedor wrote. “But there’s so much to figure out before late October, when Drummond could technically sign a new deal.”
Drummond, 26, announced earlier this week that he would be picking up his $28.7 million option to stay in Cleveland next season.
The novel coronavirus minimized Drummond’s sample size in Cleveland this year. Still, he showed the Cavs that he was worth the investment.
In a Cavs uniform, Drummond averaged 17.5 points, 11.1 boards and 1.5 steals per game this season. He produced on the floor, jelled with teammates quickly and served as good voice of encouragement to the squad’s youngsters.
The Cavs concluded the 2019-20 campaign with a 19-46 record.