- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Video: J.R. Smith Seen Drilling Jumpers as He Prepares for His Return
- Updated: March 2, 2017
The expected return of Cleveland Cavaliers shooting guard J.R. Smith from a fractured right thumb may be only a couple weeks away, but Smith appears to be trying to speed up that timetable in order to prepare for the postseason. Video of him practicing his outside jumper shows that he may be able to return sooner than expected.
Smith is again traveling with the team and was taking part in Wednesday morning’s shootaround in Boston’s TD Garden. The Cavaliers’ Twitter account posted a short video of Smith practicing his jumper, which appears to again be in midseason form.
Cleveland.com posted a similar video, which shows that Smith doesn’t appear to have any issues putting up his shot.
When Smith begins playing again at a still-undetermined date, he’ll have some new teammates, including veteran point guard Deron Williams, who saw his first action with the team on Wednesday night and will no doubt serve as a backcourt partner in the months ahead.