- Kevin Love goes on lengthy rant for social justice: ‘Why is it so hard for white people to talk about race?’
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. yelled ‘modern-day slavery’ at Cavs GM, not allowed back at practice facility
- Report: Cavs believe Andre Drummond’s asking price will be too high, will shop him ahead of deadline
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. expected to be released or traded after throwing tantrum in Cavs locker room
- Andre Drummond opens up about uncertain future with Cavs following Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Cavs have begun exploring trade options for JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs offer major update on when Darius Garland and Collin Sexton could return
- Andre Drummond offers powerful message of support after Kevin Porter Jr. rejoins Cavs
- Former Cavs big man emphatically predicts team will trade Andre Drummond
- Report: Cavs-Wizards matchups on Sunday and Monday postponed due to COVID-19
Video: J.R. Smith Seen Drilling Jumpers as He Prepares for His Return
- Updated: March 2, 2017
The expected return of Cleveland Cavaliers shooting guard J.R. Smith from a fractured right thumb may be only a couple weeks away, but Smith appears to be trying to speed up that timetable in order to prepare for the postseason. Video of him practicing his outside jumper shows that he may be able to return sooner than expected.
Smith is again traveling with the team and was taking part in Wednesday morning’s shootaround in Boston’s TD Garden. The Cavaliers’ Twitter account posted a short video of Smith practicing his jumper, which appears to again be in midseason form.
Cleveland.com posted a similar video, which shows that Smith doesn’t appear to have any issues putting up his shot.
When Smith begins playing again at a still-undetermined date, he’ll have some new teammates, including veteran point guard Deron Williams, who saw his first action with the team on Wednesday night and will no doubt serve as a backcourt partner in the months ahead.