- Richard Jefferson, Channing Frye Hilariously Respond to Fan Angry at ‘Disrespect’ in 2016 Win
- J.R. Smith Shows Growth and Maturity as He Avoids Airport Altercation
- Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers to Eliminate Cavaliers Girls Starting Next Season
- Tristan Thompson Supports LeBron James at His Brand New Clothing Launch
- Former Cavs Teammate Defends LeBron, Still Has ‘Full Trust’ He Will Lead Lakers to Championship
- Report: John Beilein Will Look to Improve Collin Sexton’s Efficiency
- Larry Nance Jr. Says Collin Sexton Should Have Made All-Rookie First Team
- Dan Gilbert Believes Kyrie Irving Will Leave Boston Celtics
- Dan Gilbert Speaks on LeBron James: ‘It All Revolves Around the Sun, Which Is Him’
- John Beilein Says Collin Sexton Is Big Reason Why He Joined Cavs
Video: J.R. Smith Seen Drilling Jumpers as He Prepares for His Return
- Updated: March 2, 2017
The expected return of Cleveland Cavaliers shooting guard J.R. Smith from a fractured right thumb may be only a couple weeks away, but Smith appears to be trying to speed up that timetable in order to prepare for the postseason. Video of him practicing his outside jumper shows that he may be able to return sooner than expected.
Smith is again traveling with the team and was taking part in Wednesday morning’s shootaround in Boston’s TD Garden. The Cavaliers’ Twitter account posted a short video of Smith practicing his jumper, which appears to again be in midseason form.
Cleveland.com posted a similar video, which shows that Smith doesn’t appear to have any issues putting up his shot.
When Smith begins playing again at a still-undetermined date, he’ll have some new teammates, including veteran point guard Deron Williams, who saw his first action with the team on Wednesday night and will no doubt serve as a backcourt partner in the months ahead.