- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Report: Richard Jefferson Reveals Playing Status for 2017-18 Season
- Updated: July 5, 2017
The NBA offseason is filled with new beginnings, and unfortunate endings. Such is the case for the Cleveland Cavaliers, as one Cavs veteran will reportedly return for another season with the team, while another may not.
Cavs veteran Richard Jefferson took to his podcast “Road Trippin'” on Wednesday to announce that he will be returning to the Cavs to continue his 17-year career. Jefferson has one season and $2.5 million left on his current contract. Jefferson’s return seems assured, but James Jones, a free agent, reportedly does not plan to play for Cleveland next season.
According to Jones’ agent, Joe Bell, neither the team nor Jones has discussed his return. His departure would mark the end of a seven-season streak in which Jones and LeBron James have played on the same team.
LeBron was asked about Jones in a 2015 interview with ESPN and spoke very highly of his long-time teammate:
“I told J.J. as long as I’m playing, he’s going to be around,” James said. “He’s not allowed to stop playing basketball. So, I’m going to make sure I got a roster spot for him. I love him. He’s the greatest teammate I’ve ever had.”