- Report: Delonte West checks into rehab facility after photo of him begging on street goes viral
- Cavs News: Kevin Love leaves team’s Cleveland bubble
- Report: Significant concerns emerging about Anthony Edwards as he gets compared to Dion Waiters
- Richard Jefferson throws shade at Los Angeles Clippers while praising Miami Heat
- Kevin Love acknowledges that he was big part in helping LeBron James win titles
- Kevin Love explains how important playing in front of crowds is to LeBron James
- Larry Nance Jr. responds with jubilation that Cavs and Tristan Thompson have ‘mutual interest’
- Koby Altman opens up on what Cavs plan to do with No. 5 overall pick
- Ja Morant insinuates missed dunk over Kevin Love would have been best of all time
- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
Report: Richard Jefferson Reveals Playing Status for 2017-18 Season
- Updated: July 5, 2017
The NBA offseason is filled with new beginnings, and unfortunate endings. Such is the case for the Cleveland Cavaliers, as one Cavs veteran will reportedly return for another season with the team, while another may not.
Cavs veteran Richard Jefferson took to his podcast “Road Trippin'” on Wednesday to announce that he will be returning to the Cavs to continue his 17-year career. Jefferson has one season and $2.5 million left on his current contract. Jefferson’s return seems assured, but James Jones, a free agent, reportedly does not plan to play for Cleveland next season.
According to Jones’ agent, Joe Bell, neither the team nor Jones has discussed his return. His departure would mark the end of a seven-season streak in which Jones and LeBron James have played on the same team.
LeBron was asked about Jones in a 2015 interview with ESPN and spoke very highly of his long-time teammate:
“I told J.J. as long as I’m playing, he’s going to be around,” James said. “He’s not allowed to stop playing basketball. So, I’m going to make sure I got a roster spot for him. I love him. He’s the greatest teammate I’ve ever had.”