- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
Video: Derrick Rose Takes Kyrie Irving to School With Array of Dazzling Moves
- Updated: October 17, 2017
The Cleveland Cavaliers‘ season-opener started off in shocking fashion when Celtics small forward Gordon Hayward went down with a gruesome ankle injury. Lost in the drama created by the injury, however, has been an impressive performance by Cavs point guard Derrick Rose.
Midway through the first quarter, Rose took former Cavs point guard Kyrie Irving to the basket with a jaw-dropping display of quickness and agility.
— Cavaliers Nation (@WeAreCavsNation) October 18, 2017
Irving was never known for his defensive prowess while he was a member of the Cavs, and it seems his defensive troubles have followed him to Boston. As for Rose, this kind of quickness is a glimpse into just how valuable the former NBA MVP can be when he is fully healthy.
In the first half of the game, Rose had seven points, two rebounds, and four assists. He’ll look to add to those numbers in the second half of the Cavs’ season-opener.