- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Video: Derrick Rose Takes Kyrie Irving to School With Array of Dazzling Moves
- Updated: October 17, 2017
The Cleveland Cavaliers‘ season-opener started off in shocking fashion when Celtics small forward Gordon Hayward went down with a gruesome ankle injury. Lost in the drama created by the injury, however, has been an impressive performance by Cavs point guard Derrick Rose.
Midway through the first quarter, Rose took former Cavs point guard Kyrie Irving to the basket with a jaw-dropping display of quickness and agility.
— Cavaliers Nation (@WeAreCavsNation) October 18, 2017
Irving was never known for his defensive prowess while he was a member of the Cavs, and it seems his defensive troubles have followed him to Boston. As for Rose, this kind of quickness is a glimpse into just how valuable the former NBA MVP can be when he is fully healthy.
In the first half of the game, Rose had seven points, two rebounds, and four assists. He’ll look to add to those numbers in the second half of the Cavs’ season-opener.