- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Video: Derrick Rose Takes Kyrie Irving to School With Array of Dazzling Moves
- Updated: October 17, 2017
The Cleveland Cavaliers‘ season-opener started off in shocking fashion when Celtics small forward Gordon Hayward went down with a gruesome ankle injury. Lost in the drama created by the injury, however, has been an impressive performance by Cavs point guard Derrick Rose.
Midway through the first quarter, Rose took former Cavs point guard Kyrie Irving to the basket with a jaw-dropping display of quickness and agility.
— Cavaliers Nation (@WeAreCavsNation) October 18, 2017
Irving was never known for his defensive prowess while he was a member of the Cavs, and it seems his defensive troubles have followed him to Boston. As for Rose, this kind of quickness is a glimpse into just how valuable the former NBA MVP can be when he is fully healthy.
In the first half of the game, Rose had seven points, two rebounds, and four assists. He’ll look to add to those numbers in the second half of the Cavs’ season-opener.