- Larry Nance Jr. Backs LeBron James Against Criticism From Skip Bayless
- Larry Nance Jr. Roasts Cavs Rookie Dylan Windler on Social Media
- 2-Time All-Star Raves About Cavs Rookie Kevin Porter Jr.
- Video: Kevin Love Celebrates With C.J. McCollum Over Contract Extension With Portland Trail Blazers
- Patrick Beverley Congratulates Sindarius Thornwell After Signing With Cavs
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Sign Sindarius Thornwell to One-Year Deal
- Richard Jefferson Says 2016 Cavs Were ‘Dysfunctional’
- Report: 3 Players That Could Fill Remaining Roster Spot for Cavs
- Former Cavs Player Rips Dan Gilbert and David Griffin Following Griffin’s Recent Comments
- David Griffin Says LeBron James Isn’t ‘Same Animal Anymore About Winning’
Chauncey Billups May Not Accept Role as Cavs GM Due to These Two Reasons
- Updated: June 22, 2017
It is now clear who the team hopes to fill the void after it was reported that Gilbert offered five-time All-Star and former NBA Finals MVP Chauncey Billups the job. While it is one of the more attractive front office job openings in recent memory, Billups has yet to put pen to paper. According to USA Today, there are two things weighing on Billups’ mind.
1) LeBron could leave next summer in free agency
2) Cavs coach Ty Lue is a close friend & prospect of being objectively critical isn't easy
— Sam Amick (@sam_amick) June 22, 2017
Billups is reportedly considering the fact that LeBron James may leave Cleveland next summer in free agency.
He is also reportedly reluctant because of his close friendship with Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue, concerned that their relationship may get in the way of their ability to create a professional relationship.
Hiring a big name star like Billups would have repercussions on and off the court, and while these two concerns are certainly legitimate, running a team that has won three Eastern Conference Finals three years in a row seems too good to pass up.