- Report: Cavs Now Have Higher Chance of Landing Zion Williamson
- Cavs Rumors: Teams Around the League ‘Intrigued’ by Marquese Chriss’ Potential
- Channing Frye Reacts to Jared Dudley Getting Ejected After Nets-76ers Brawl
- Channing Frye Perfectly Describes How Badly Cavs Wanted to Win 2016 NBA Finals
- Stephen Curry and Channing Frye Only Perimeter Players to Accomplish Incredible Feat
- Jayson Tatum Says Has a ‘Big A– Picture’ of His Dunk on LeBron James in His House
- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
Chauncey Billups May Not Accept Role as Cavs GM Due to These Two Reasons
- Updated: June 22, 2017
It is now clear who the team hopes to fill the void after it was reported that Gilbert offered five-time All-Star and former NBA Finals MVP Chauncey Billups the job. While it is one of the more attractive front office job openings in recent memory, Billups has yet to put pen to paper. According to USA Today, there are two things weighing on Billups’ mind.
1) LeBron could leave next summer in free agency
2) Cavs coach Ty Lue is a close friend & prospect of being objectively critical isn't easy
— Sam Amick (@sam_amick) June 22, 2017
Billups is reportedly considering the fact that LeBron James may leave Cleveland next summer in free agency.
He is also reportedly reluctant because of his close friendship with Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue, concerned that their relationship may get in the way of their ability to create a professional relationship.
Hiring a big name star like Billups would have repercussions on and off the court, and while these two concerns are certainly legitimate, running a team that has won three Eastern Conference Finals three years in a row seems too good to pass up.