- Cavs superstar Kevin Love seen working out in New York with renowned trainer
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
Chauncey Billups May Not Accept Role as Cavs GM Due to These Two Reasons
- Updated: June 22, 2017
It is now clear who the team hopes to fill the void after it was reported that Gilbert offered five-time All-Star and former NBA Finals MVP Chauncey Billups the job. While it is one of the more attractive front office job openings in recent memory, Billups has yet to put pen to paper. According to USA Today, there are two things weighing on Billups’ mind.
1) LeBron could leave next summer in free agency
2) Cavs coach Ty Lue is a close friend & prospect of being objectively critical isn't easy
— Sam Amick (@sam_amick) June 22, 2017
Billups is reportedly considering the fact that LeBron James may leave Cleveland next summer in free agency.
He is also reportedly reluctant because of his close friendship with Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue, concerned that their relationship may get in the way of their ability to create a professional relationship.
Hiring a big name star like Billups would have repercussions on and off the court, and while these two concerns are certainly legitimate, running a team that has won three Eastern Conference Finals three years in a row seems too good to pass up.