- Report: Cavs Rookie Darius Garland Lands Autograph Deal With Upper Deck
- Report: Teams Were Asking Cavs to Give Them Money for Trouble of Trading for Kevin Love
- J.B. Bickerstaff Says Cavs Will Give Kevin Porter Jr. Heavy Workload After All-Star Break
- Former Michigan Player Defends John Beilein, Destroys Cavs Players for Not Valuing Winning
- Kevin Love Explains Why John Beilein’s a ‘Real Man’ Despite His Departure
- Cavs Rumors: John Beilein Treated His Players Like ‘Dictator’
- Report: Cavs Reassigning John Beilein to Different Role Within Organization
- Report: Cavs May Try to Trade Andre Drummond This Summer
- Report: Cavs Players Began Blasting ‘Thuggish Ruggish Bone’ and ‘Thugz Mansion’ in Front of John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Forfeit Nearly $20M to Leave Cavs Coaching Job
Chauncey Billups May Not Accept Role as Cavs GM Due to These Two Reasons
- Updated: June 22, 2017
It is now clear who the team hopes to fill the void after it was reported that Gilbert offered five-time All-Star and former NBA Finals MVP Chauncey Billups the job. While it is one of the more attractive front office job openings in recent memory, Billups has yet to put pen to paper. According to USA Today, there are two things weighing on Billups’ mind.
1) LeBron could leave next summer in free agency
2) Cavs coach Ty Lue is a close friend & prospect of being objectively critical isn't easy
— Sam Amick (@sam_amick) June 22, 2017
Billups is reportedly considering the fact that LeBron James may leave Cleveland next summer in free agency.
He is also reportedly reluctant because of his close friendship with Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue, concerned that their relationship may get in the way of their ability to create a professional relationship.
Hiring a big name star like Billups would have repercussions on and off the court, and while these two concerns are certainly legitimate, running a team that has won three Eastern Conference Finals three years in a row seems too good to pass up.