- LeBron James identifies himself with Michael Jordan after video of Cavs member trashing him emerges
- Report: It’s ‘a matter of time’ until Andre Drummond secures a buyout and joins the Brooklyn Nets
- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
Report: Cleveland Cavaliers to Increase Payroll After Kevin Love’s Injury
- Updated: February 15, 2017
According to Sam Amico of AmicoHoops.net, the Cleveland Cavaliers are looking to make a big move in the coming weeks, with a trade for New York Knicks superstar Carmelo Anthony not out of the realm of possibility.
After it was revealed that starting power forward Kevin Love would be out at least six weeks after undergoing knee surgery, Cavs ownership has given the franchise the green light to increase its payroll.
Ownership has given #Cavs green light to increase payroll/tax, per AmicoHoops source. Team said to be working on several trade possibilities
— Sam Amico (@AmicoHoops) February 14, 2017
Although this doesn’t necessarily mean that the Cavs are going after Anthony, it does indicate that the Cavs are aware of the dire situation they’re in and are willing to make a big move before the trade deadline.
The Cavs are currently just two games ahead of the Celtics in the East as they try to hold on to the elusive first seed in the Eastern Conference.