- Kevin Love takes swipe at Donald Trump as 2020 presidential debate gets heated
- Report: Delonte West checks into rehab facility after photo of him begging on street goes viral
- Cavs News: Kevin Love leaves team’s Cleveland bubble
- Report: Significant concerns emerging about Anthony Edwards as he gets compared to Dion Waiters
- Richard Jefferson throws shade at Los Angeles Clippers while praising Miami Heat
- Kevin Love acknowledges that he was big part in helping LeBron James win titles
- Kevin Love explains how important playing in front of crowds is to LeBron James
- Larry Nance Jr. responds with jubilation that Cavs and Tristan Thompson have ‘mutual interest’
- Koby Altman opens up on what Cavs plan to do with No. 5 overall pick
- Ja Morant insinuates missed dunk over Kevin Love would have been best of all time
Video: J.R. Smith Confirms Return to Cavs, But Gives Fans One More Surprise
- Updated: October 15, 2016
To put to rest the idea that the good news of J.R. Smith signing a four-year contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers is a hoax, Smith himself took to Twitter to officially confirm the deal that’s worth $57 million. For good measure, he capped his comments with some additional good news on an off-the-court level.
Smith appeared via the UNINTERRUPTED platform from his home, with his daughter clinging to him and his wife standing behind him to his right. After making the contract announcement, he thanked his teammates and agents at Klutch Sports Group, followed by an acknowledgement of the support that fans have shown him. He then announced that his wife is expecting another child.
— UNINTERRUPTED (@uninterrupted) October 15, 2016
Earlier reports in the week had Smith potentially looking at other teams, with the Boston Celtics and Philadelphia 76ers the most talked about potential destinations. Whether or not that news sparked negotiations is debatable, but the bottom line is that Smith will be back in the Cavaliers lineup when the season gets underway on October 25.