- Report: Cavs have begun exploring trade options for JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs offer major update on when Darius Garland and Collin Sexton could return
- Andre Drummond offers powerful message of support after Kevin Porter Jr. rejoins Cavs
- Former Cavs big man emphatically predicts team will trade Andre Drummond
- Report: Cavs-Wizards matchups on Sunday and Monday postponed due to COVID-19
- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
Video: J.R. Smith Confirms Return to Cavs, But Gives Fans One More Surprise
- Updated: October 15, 2016
To put to rest the idea that the good news of J.R. Smith signing a four-year contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers is a hoax, Smith himself took to Twitter to officially confirm the deal that’s worth $57 million. For good measure, he capped his comments with some additional good news on an off-the-court level.
Smith appeared via the UNINTERRUPTED platform from his home, with his daughter clinging to him and his wife standing behind him to his right. After making the contract announcement, he thanked his teammates and agents at Klutch Sports Group, followed by an acknowledgement of the support that fans have shown him. He then announced that his wife is expecting another child.
— UNINTERRUPTED (@uninterrupted) October 15, 2016
Earlier reports in the week had Smith potentially looking at other teams, with the Boston Celtics and Philadelphia 76ers the most talked about potential destinations. Whether or not that news sparked negotiations is debatable, but the bottom line is that Smith will be back in the Cavaliers lineup when the season gets underway on October 25.