- Report: Multiple Celtics Players Don’t Make Trip to Cleveland to Face Cavs
- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
Video: J.R. Smith Confirms Return to Cavs, But Gives Fans One More Surprise
- Updated: October 15, 2016
To put to rest the idea that the good news of J.R. Smith signing a four-year contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers is a hoax, Smith himself took to Twitter to officially confirm the deal that’s worth $57 million. For good measure, he capped his comments with some additional good news on an off-the-court level.
Smith appeared via the UNINTERRUPTED platform from his home, with his daughter clinging to him and his wife standing behind him to his right. After making the contract announcement, he thanked his teammates and agents at Klutch Sports Group, followed by an acknowledgement of the support that fans have shown him. He then announced that his wife is expecting another child.
— UNINTERRUPTED (@uninterrupted) October 15, 2016
Earlier reports in the week had Smith potentially looking at other teams, with the Boston Celtics and Philadelphia 76ers the most talked about potential destinations. Whether or not that news sparked negotiations is debatable, but the bottom line is that Smith will be back in the Cavaliers lineup when the season gets underway on October 25.