- John Beilein Says Collin Sexton Is Big Reason Why He Joined Cavs
- Richard Jefferson’s 3 Hilarious Tweets Sum Up Warriors-Blazers Series Perfectly
- Cavs News: Collin Sexton Named to All-Rookie Second Team
- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
- Report: Cavs Will ‘Undoubtedly’ Try to Get Another 1st-Round Pick for 2019 NBA Draft
- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits Eastern Conference Easier Now That LeBron James Is Gone
Video: J.R. Smith Confirms Return to Cavs, But Gives Fans One More Surprise
- Updated: October 15, 2016
To put to rest the idea that the good news of J.R. Smith signing a four-year contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers is a hoax, Smith himself took to Twitter to officially confirm the deal that’s worth $57 million. For good measure, he capped his comments with some additional good news on an off-the-court level.
Smith appeared via the UNINTERRUPTED platform from his home, with his daughter clinging to him and his wife standing behind him to his right. After making the contract announcement, he thanked his teammates and agents at Klutch Sports Group, followed by an acknowledgement of the support that fans have shown him. He then announced that his wife is expecting another child.
— UNINTERRUPTED (@uninterrupted) October 15, 2016
Earlier reports in the week had Smith potentially looking at other teams, with the Boston Celtics and Philadelphia 76ers the most talked about potential destinations. Whether or not that news sparked negotiations is debatable, but the bottom line is that Smith will be back in the Cavaliers lineup when the season gets underway on October 25.