- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Video: J.R. Smith Confirms Return to Cavs, But Gives Fans One More Surprise
- Updated: October 15, 2016
To put to rest the idea that the good news of J.R. Smith signing a four-year contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers is a hoax, Smith himself took to Twitter to officially confirm the deal that’s worth $57 million. For good measure, he capped his comments with some additional good news on an off-the-court level.
Smith appeared via the UNINTERRUPTED platform from his home, with his daughter clinging to him and his wife standing behind him to his right. After making the contract announcement, he thanked his teammates and agents at Klutch Sports Group, followed by an acknowledgement of the support that fans have shown him. He then announced that his wife is expecting another child.
— UNINTERRUPTED (@uninterrupted) October 15, 2016
Earlier reports in the week had Smith potentially looking at other teams, with the Boston Celtics and Philadelphia 76ers the most talked about potential destinations. Whether or not that news sparked negotiations is debatable, but the bottom line is that Smith will be back in the Cavaliers lineup when the season gets underway on October 25.