- Antawn Jamison Remembers Feeling ‘Numb’ After LeBron James Deserted Him on Cavs in 2010
- LeBron James Sends Outpouring of Birthday Messages to Kevin Love
- Kendrick Perkins Rips Apart Kyle Kuzma, Calls for Dion Waiters to Get More Playing Time
- NBA Executive Doubts Kyrie Irving Will Respect Steve Nash as Head Coach
- Kevin Love Reacts to Ongoing Feud Between Richard Jefferson and Scottie Pippen
- Scottie Pippen Destroys Richard Jefferson for Saying Giannis Antetokounmpo ‘Might Be a Pippen’
- Richard Jefferson Crucifies Giannis Antetokounmpo, Compares Him to Scottie Pippen
- Report: Multiple Cavs Veterans Will Not Participate in Team’s Voluntary Minicamp
- Cavs Fans Livid After Team Decides to Honor Michael Jordan on Iconic Statement Edition Uniforms
- Andre Drummond Goes After Donald Trump Following Latest Attack on NBA Protests
Video: Fan Mistakes Patrick Patterson for LeBron James in Cleveland
- Updated: October 13, 2016
LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers is easily recognizable across the country and on an international level. He’s definitely recognizable in Cleveland, yet that didn’t stop one Cavaliers fan from mistaking the Toronto Raptors’ Patrick Patterson for James on Wednesday night.
Patterson was in Cleveland with his Raptors teammates to face the Cavs in a Thursday night preseason contest. While waiting in line at a Chipotle restaurant, a woman asked if he was James. Patterson disabused her of that notion, though a friend of the woman commented that the 6’9″ Patterson was too skinny and small to be James, which annoyed him.
The encounter was bizarre enough for Patterson to post his side of the story on the social media outlet, Snapchat. To add to the absurdity, Patterson included some available filters, with the disposable comments saved by a Twitter user.
Raptors forward Patrick Patterson's story about how someone thought he was LeBron at a Chipotle IN CLEVELAND ?
SC: pat_patterson pic.twitter.com/tX3fuRcM4D
— Alysha Tsuji (@AlyshaTsuji) October 13, 2016
The Raptors return to Cleveland on November 15, though Patterson hasn’t indicated if he’ll patronize Chipotle again. There’s also no word if James plans on standing in line at a Toronto restaurant, either.