- Richard Jefferson’s 3 Hilarious Tweets Sum Up Warriors-Blazers Series Perfectly
- Cavs News: Collin Sexton Named to All-Rookie Second Team
- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
- Report: Cavs Will ‘Undoubtedly’ Try to Get Another 1st-Round Pick for 2019 NBA Draft
- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits Eastern Conference Easier Now That LeBron James Is Gone
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Coaching and Guiding Youngsters in Philippines
Video: Fan Mistakes Patrick Patterson for LeBron James in Cleveland
- Updated: October 13, 2016
LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers is easily recognizable across the country and on an international level. He’s definitely recognizable in Cleveland, yet that didn’t stop one Cavaliers fan from mistaking the Toronto Raptors’ Patrick Patterson for James on Wednesday night.
Patterson was in Cleveland with his Raptors teammates to face the Cavs in a Thursday night preseason contest. While waiting in line at a Chipotle restaurant, a woman asked if he was James. Patterson disabused her of that notion, though a friend of the woman commented that the 6’9″ Patterson was too skinny and small to be James, which annoyed him.
The encounter was bizarre enough for Patterson to post his side of the story on the social media outlet, Snapchat. To add to the absurdity, Patterson included some available filters, with the disposable comments saved by a Twitter user.
Raptors forward Patrick Patterson's story about how someone thought he was LeBron at a Chipotle IN CLEVELAND 😂
SC: pat_patterson pic.twitter.com/tX3fuRcM4D
— Alysha Tsuji (@AlyshaTsuji) October 13, 2016
The Raptors return to Cleveland on November 15, though Patterson hasn’t indicated if he’ll patronize Chipotle again. There’s also no word if James plans on standing in line at a Toronto restaurant, either.