- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Report: J.R. Smith Under Investigation After Altercation With Fan
- Updated: August 1, 2018
J.R. Smith is known for being a character both on the court and off of it. Most recently, it seems like his antics have gotten him into a bit of trouble after it was reported that the Cleveland Cavaliers guard is under NYPD investigation.
According to TMZ, the NYPD is investigating Smith for allegedly stealing a cell phone from a fan and throwing it into a construction site:
“Law enforcement sources tell us … they got a call around 2:30 AM on Sunday morning from a guy who says he tried to take a picture with the Cleveland Cavs star outside of The Park, a hotspot in Chelsea.
“Smith allegedly turned the fan down — telling him no photos — but he snapped one anyway … and Smith snapped too.
“We’re told … Smith allegedly approached the fan and snatched the phone out of his hand and then launched it into a nearby construction zone. The fan claims his $800 phone was damaged and he has filed a report with police.
“Smith has not been charged with a crime — but we’re told cops would like to speak with him asap.”
It’s hard not to smile when imagining the interaction. Smith was certainly just trying to enjoy a night out on the town when a fan got too up close and personal.
Hopefully this matter comes to a conclusion soon. It would be a shame if Smith wasn’t able to enjoy his offseason to the fullest extent before getting back into the gym for the 2018-19 season.