- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
- Report: Cavs Will ‘Undoubtedly’ Try to Get Another 1st-Round Pick for 2019 NBA Draft
- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits Eastern Conference Easier Now That LeBron James Is Gone
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Coaching and Guiding Youngsters in Philippines
- Here’s Why the Cavs Might Still End Up With R.J. Barrett on Draft Night
- Report: Cavs to Meet With Duke University’s Cam Reddish
Report: J.R. Smith Under Investigation After Altercation With Fan
- Updated: August 1, 2018
J.R. Smith is known for being a character both on the court and off of it. Most recently, it seems like his antics have gotten him into a bit of trouble after it was reported that the Cleveland Cavaliers guard is under NYPD investigation.
According to TMZ, the NYPD is investigating Smith for allegedly stealing a cell phone from a fan and throwing it into a construction site:
“Law enforcement sources tell us … they got a call around 2:30 AM on Sunday morning from a guy who says he tried to take a picture with the Cleveland Cavs star outside of The Park, a hotspot in Chelsea.
“Smith allegedly turned the fan down — telling him no photos — but he snapped one anyway … and Smith snapped too.
“We’re told … Smith allegedly approached the fan and snatched the phone out of his hand and then launched it into a nearby construction zone. The fan claims his $800 phone was damaged and he has filed a report with police.
“Smith has not been charged with a crime — but we’re told cops would like to speak with him asap.”
It’s hard not to smile when imagining the interaction. Smith was certainly just trying to enjoy a night out on the town when a fan got too up close and personal.
Hopefully this matter comes to a conclusion soon. It would be a shame if Smith wasn’t able to enjoy his offseason to the fullest extent before getting back into the gym for the 2018-19 season.