- Larry Nance Jr. Claims All NBA Players Are Already ‘Out of Basketball Shape’
- Kevin Love Speculates How NBA Will Return for Rest of 2019-20 Season
- Report: Andre Drummond to Face Off Against DeMarcus Cousins in NBA 2K Tournament
- Larry Nance Jr.’s Hilarious Reason for Wanting to Resume Season Has Nothing to Do With Cavs
- Beth McLeod Touched by LeBron James’ Thoughts and Prayers
- Matthew Dellavedova Takes Playful Shot at Random Appearance of Cedi Osman
- Darius Garland Sends Somber Message Due to Lull in NBA Season
- Larry Nance Jr.: ‘I Have Zero Interest in Anything Basketball-Related Right Now’
- Report: Cavs’ Strength and Conditioning Trainers Keeping Team Ready
- Kyrie Irving Reveals Incredible Advice Kobe Bryant Gave Him Midway Through 2016 NBA Finals
Report: J.R. Smith Under Investigation After Altercation With Fan
- Updated: August 1, 2018
J.R. Smith is known for being a character both on the court and off of it. Most recently, it seems like his antics have gotten him into a bit of trouble after it was reported that the Cleveland Cavaliers guard is under NYPD investigation.
According to TMZ, the NYPD is investigating Smith for allegedly stealing a cell phone from a fan and throwing it into a construction site:
“Law enforcement sources tell us … they got a call around 2:30 AM on Sunday morning from a guy who says he tried to take a picture with the Cleveland Cavs star outside of The Park, a hotspot in Chelsea.
“Smith allegedly turned the fan down — telling him no photos — but he snapped one anyway … and Smith snapped too.
“We’re told … Smith allegedly approached the fan and snatched the phone out of his hand and then launched it into a nearby construction zone. The fan claims his $800 phone was damaged and he has filed a report with police.
“Smith has not been charged with a crime — but we’re told cops would like to speak with him asap.”
It’s hard not to smile when imagining the interaction. Smith was certainly just trying to enjoy a night out on the town when a fan got too up close and personal.
Hopefully this matter comes to a conclusion soon. It would be a shame if Smith wasn’t able to enjoy his offseason to the fullest extent before getting back into the gym for the 2018-19 season.