- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Cavs News: Kevin Love Gives Update on Status for Game 5
- Updated: May 24, 2016
The playing status of Cleveland Cavaliers forward Kevin Love for Wednesday night’s pivotal Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Finals against the Toronto Raptors doesn’t appear to be in question and he’s expected to be back in the lineup.
That news comes from Love himself, who left Monday night’s 105-99 loss with an injury and didn’t play in the fourth quarter.
— FOX Sports Ohio (@FOXSportsOH) May 24, 2016
Love indicated after the game that he had stepped on an official’s foot during the contest. Though he wasn’t completely sure when the injury took place, Love said after the game that it was only a tweak.
“I think Kyrie (Irving) was shooting towards the end of the third quarter, and I stepped on the official’s foot, and it didn’t feel too great,” said Love. “More so the knee (than the ankle hurting). Will be sore tomorrow, but nothing that will prevent me from playing.”
Love struggled in both games played in Toronto, combining for only 13 points and 11 rebounds. In addition, he had severe trouble with his outside shot, especially in Saturday night’s defeat in Game 3.