- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Cavs News: Kevin Love Gives Update on Status for Game 5
- Updated: May 24, 2016
The playing status of Cleveland Cavaliers forward Kevin Love for Wednesday night’s pivotal Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Finals against the Toronto Raptors doesn’t appear to be in question and he’s expected to be back in the lineup.
That news comes from Love himself, who left Monday night’s 105-99 loss with an injury and didn’t play in the fourth quarter.
— FOX Sports Ohio (@FOXSportsOH) May 24, 2016
Love indicated after the game that he had stepped on an official’s foot during the contest. Though he wasn’t completely sure when the injury took place, Love said after the game that it was only a tweak.
“I think Kyrie (Irving) was shooting towards the end of the third quarter, and I stepped on the official’s foot, and it didn’t feel too great,” said Love. “More so the knee (than the ankle hurting). Will be sore tomorrow, but nothing that will prevent me from playing.”
Love struggled in both games played in Toronto, combining for only 13 points and 11 rebounds. In addition, he had severe trouble with his outside shot, especially in Saturday night’s defeat in Game 3.