- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
- Report: Nets in ‘active discussions’ with Cavs for JaVale McGee, also interested in Kevin Love
- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
Kevin Porter Jr. and Darius Garland Celebrate Being on Cavs via Social Media
- Updated: June 29, 2019
Given their activity on social media, however, it doesn’t seem like the excitement has worn off one bit.
On Friday, Porter took to Instagram to post a picture of himself wearing the Wine and Gold, captioning the photo with a simple yet enthusiastic message.
It wasn’t long before Garland commented on the photo as well.
It’s awesome to see just how excited these two talented youngsters are to start their NBA journeys in Cleveland.
While Garland was selected with the No. 5 overall selection, and Porter wasn’t taken until the No. 30 overall pick, both players are considered to be two of the biggest steals of the draft.
Garland was believed to be the top guard in his class until injury derailed his first and only season at Vanderbilt University. As for Porter, experts readily admitted that he was one of the most physically gifted players in this year’s draft class, but off-court issues while at the University of Southern California forced his value to plummet.
All that is behind them now, with the future looking quite bright both for them and the Cavs.