- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Kevin Porter Jr. and Darius Garland Celebrate Being on Cavs via Social Media
- Updated: June 29, 2019
Given their activity on social media, however, it doesn’t seem like the excitement has worn off one bit.
On Friday, Porter took to Instagram to post a picture of himself wearing the Wine and Gold, captioning the photo with a simple yet enthusiastic message.
It wasn’t long before Garland commented on the photo as well.
It’s awesome to see just how excited these two talented youngsters are to start their NBA journeys in Cleveland.
While Garland was selected with the No. 5 overall selection, and Porter wasn’t taken until the No. 30 overall pick, both players are considered to be two of the biggest steals of the draft.
Garland was believed to be the top guard in his class until injury derailed his first and only season at Vanderbilt University. As for Porter, experts readily admitted that he was one of the most physically gifted players in this year’s draft class, but off-court issues while at the University of Southern California forced his value to plummet.
All that is behind them now, with the future looking quite bright both for them and the Cavs.