- Tristan Thompson Gushes About Kevin Porter Jr.: ‘The Kid Has Something Special’
- Report: Cavs Actively Listening to Trade Proposals for Kevin Love
- Cavs Rumors: Kevin Love ‘Prefers’ Trade to Portland Trail Blazers
- Kevin Porter Jr. Rips Cavs Defense, Says ‘We Keep Ball-Watching’
- Tristan Thompson’s Statement After Cavs Loss: ‘Rather Lose Like This Than Any Other F——— Way’
- Report: John Beilein Reached Out to 76ers Coach on How to Deal With Struggling Cavs
- Report: Portland Trail Blazers Could Package Hassan Whiteside, 1st-Round Pick for Kevin Love
- Report: Denver Nuggets Could Package Multiple Players in Trade for Kevin Love
- Report: NBA Execs Believe Kevin Love Deal Unlikely to Net Cavs More Than 1st-Round Pick
- Report: Kevin Love Prefers Trade to Title Contender
Kevin Porter Jr. and Darius Garland Celebrate Being on Cavs via Social Media
- Updated: June 29, 2019
Given their activity on social media, however, it doesn’t seem like the excitement has worn off one bit.
On Friday, Porter took to Instagram to post a picture of himself wearing the Wine and Gold, captioning the photo with a simple yet enthusiastic message.
It wasn’t long before Garland commented on the photo as well.
It’s awesome to see just how excited these two talented youngsters are to start their NBA journeys in Cleveland.
While Garland was selected with the No. 5 overall selection, and Porter wasn’t taken until the No. 30 overall pick, both players are considered to be two of the biggest steals of the draft.
Garland was believed to be the top guard in his class until injury derailed his first and only season at Vanderbilt University. As for Porter, experts readily admitted that he was one of the most physically gifted players in this year’s draft class, but off-court issues while at the University of Southern California forced his value to plummet.
All that is behind them now, with the future looking quite bright both for them and the Cavs.