- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Sign Veteran Guard Dahntay Jones
- Updated: April 13, 2016
After the Cleveland Cavaliers’ morning shootaround on Wednesday, the team announced the signing of veteran guard Dahntay Jones, who will be in uniform for the team’s final regular season game against the Detroit Pistons.
The 35-year-old Jones is a 6’6″ guard who was most recently playing for the Grand Rapids Drive of the NBA Development League. During his time with the team, he averaged 15.7 points, 4.2 rebounds and 2.5 assists.
“It’s an amazing opportunity,” Jones said. “It’s a great organization with some great players. It’s an opportunity to come and try to help in any way possible. I’m just happy to be here. Blessed to have the opportunity.”
Jones was the 20th overall selection in the 2003 NBA Draft by the Boston Celtics. He was part of a draft night trade that sent him to Memphis along with Troy Bell. In exchange, the Celtics received Marcus Banks and former Cavalier Kendrick Perkins.
During his 11 seasons in the NBA, Jones has played with seven other NBA teams: Memphis, Sacramento, Denver, Indiana, Dallas, Atlanta and the Los Angeles Clippers. He has NBA career averages of 5.4 points, 1.7 rebounds, and 0.8 assists in 622 contests.