- Report: Cavs and Andre Drummond all of sudden far apart on contract extension
- Iman Shumpert clears up what Kyrie Irving meant after seemingly dissing LeBron James
- Cavs superstar Kevin Love seen working out in New York with renowned trainer
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
Cavs News: Kyrie Irving Out vs. Charlotte Hornets With Sprained Ankle
- Updated: April 3, 2016
According to Jason Lloyd of the Akron Beach Journal, starting point guard Kyrie Irving will not be suiting up for today’s game against the Charlotte Hornets.
Kyrie Irving is out today with a sprained ankle. Hurt it during Hawks. He’s the only one missing today. Everyone else will play.
— Jason Lloyd (@JasonLloydABJ) April 3, 2016
As Lloyd has reported, Irving injured the ankle on Friday night against the Atlanta Hawks and continues to nurse it.
The 24-year-old point guard is uncertain when he will be able to return to action.
The injury couldn’t have come at a worse time for the Cleveland Cavaliers as they are less than two weeks away from playoffs, with the Toronto Raptors on their heels as far as seeding goes.
Irving has unfortunately been quite susceptible to injuries in the past and the Cavs’ championship chances ride highly on his ability to stay healthy.