- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
- Cavs break silence regarding Kevin Porter Jr.’s troubling arrest
- Report: Celtics offered multiple 1st-round picks for Cavs’ No. 5 overall pick
- Cavs news: Kevin Porter Jr. arrested on weapons charges
- Report: Veteran big man would ‘love to play’ for Cavs as free agency nears
Report: Love, Shumpert Expected to Remain in Cleveland Past Trade Deadline
- Updated: February 18, 2016
“The odds of them actually striking a significant trade prior to the deadline, however, remain slim,” says Lloyd.
More realistically, the Cavs are looking to make a minor move to improve the bottom of their rotation while keeping its core group intact.
The Cavs remain committed to winning a championship with Love this season and Shumpert remains the team’s top defender.
Cavs General Manager David Griffin remains keen on acquiring Frye as the two spent time together in Phoenix in the past. Griffin actually tried to sign Frye two seasons ago when he was a free agent, but the Cavs had to save cap space for the return of LeBron James.
Cleveland resumed practice on Wednesday and James said that the Cavs went about their business as usual, even amidst all the trade banter:
“Guys came here today and they worked as if nothing was going on or any speculation was going on,” James said. “That’s the case of true professionals.”