- Cavs News: Dylan Windler Suffers Setback in Recovery From Injury
- John Beilein Claims He Played Larry Nance Jr. Over Tristan Thompson for Strategy Purposes Down Stretch
- Report: Cavs Have Made Everyone Except Darius Garland Available in Trade Talks
- Report: Cavs Asking for 1st-Round Pick in Exchange for Kevin Love
- Tristan Thompson Gushes About Kevin Porter Jr.: ‘The Kid Has Something Special’
- Report: Cavs Actively Listening to Trade Proposals for Kevin Love
- Cavs Rumors: Kevin Love ‘Prefers’ Trade to Portland Trail Blazers
- Kevin Porter Jr. Rips Cavs Defense, Says ‘We Keep Ball-Watching’
- Tristan Thompson’s Statement After Cavs Loss: ‘Rather Lose Like This Than Any Other F——— Way’
- Report: John Beilein Reached Out to 76ers Coach on How to Deal With Struggling Cavs
Report: Cavaliers Meet with Cedi Osman in Germany, High on His Potential
- Updated: September 10, 2015
That may not be the case after all.
International basketball reporter David Pick is hearing that Cleveland’s front office has met with Osman in Germany. Osman is currently playing for the Turkish national team at EuroBasket 2015.
Source: Cavs met in Deutschland with 2015 second-round pick Cedi Osman. High on his breakout EuroBasket.
— David Pick (@IAmDPick) September 9, 2015
The Turkish swingman is just 20 years old, but he has had an impressive performance at EuroBasket this year, as he’s averaged 12.3 points while shooting 52 percent from the field and 35.7 percent from beyond the arc. He also holds per game averages of 4.8 rebounds and 1.0 assist in 30 minutes per contest.
At the present moment, the Cavaliers have 13 guaranteed contracts for the 2015-16 season. Once Tristan Thompson signs a contract with Cleveland, that means 14 players are essentially guaranteed spots for the opening night roster.
Cleveland is stacked right now, and they don’t need Osman’s services at the current moment. However, if the second-round draft pick is eager to play in America right now for whatever reason, it’s hard to imagine the Cavaliers not offering him a contract for training camp.