- Jordan Clarkson Has Perfect Reaction to Video of Young Kid Crossing Him Up
- Collin Sexton Responds After Cleveland Browns Rookie Reps His Cavs Jersey
- Cavs Rookie Trolls Larry Nance Jr. on Social Media
- Report: Cavs Announce Schedule for 2019-20 Preseason Games
- Multiple Cavs Players Come to Rich Paul’s Defense After Controversial NCAA Decision
- Report: Cavs Add Levi Randolph and Malik Newman to Training Camp Roster
- Larry Nance Jr. Backs LeBron James Against Criticism From Skip Bayless
- Larry Nance Jr. Roasts Cavs Rookie Dylan Windler on Social Media
- 2-Time All-Star Raves About Cavs Rookie Kevin Porter Jr.
- Video: Kevin Love Celebrates With C.J. McCollum Over Contract Extension With Portland Trail Blazers
Report: Cavaliers Meet with Cedi Osman in Germany, High on His Potential
- Updated: September 10, 2015
That may not be the case after all.
International basketball reporter David Pick is hearing that Cleveland’s front office has met with Osman in Germany. Osman is currently playing for the Turkish national team at EuroBasket 2015.
Source: Cavs met in Deutschland with 2015 second-round pick Cedi Osman. High on his breakout EuroBasket.
— David Pick (@IAmDPick) September 9, 2015
The Turkish swingman is just 20 years old, but he has had an impressive performance at EuroBasket this year, as he’s averaged 12.3 points while shooting 52 percent from the field and 35.7 percent from beyond the arc. He also holds per game averages of 4.8 rebounds and 1.0 assist in 30 minutes per contest.
At the present moment, the Cavaliers have 13 guaranteed contracts for the 2015-16 season. Once Tristan Thompson signs a contract with Cleveland, that means 14 players are essentially guaranteed spots for the opening night roster.
Cleveland is stacked right now, and they don’t need Osman’s services at the current moment. However, if the second-round draft pick is eager to play in America right now for whatever reason, it’s hard to imagine the Cavaliers not offering him a contract for training camp.