- Report: Cavs Expected to Waive J.R. Smith Today
- Kevin Love Rips Richard Jefferson and Channing Frye, Calls Them ‘Keyboard Warriors’
- Report: Cavs Offered J.R. Smith to Warriors for Andre Iguodala
- Tristan Thompson Works Out With Philadelphia 76ers All-Star
- Report: Cavs Want Young Players and Picks in Any Kevin Love Trade
- Report: LeBron James Called Rob Pelinka to Vouch for and Recruit Former Cavs Teammate
- Jordan Clarkson Sings Praises for NBA in Reaction to Russell Westbrook Trade
- Cavs Head Coach John Beilein Reveals Why Dylan Windler Will Succeed in NBA
- Former Cavs Teammate Discusses Kyrie Irving’s Personality: He’s ‘Misunderstood’
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Could Be Involved in Russell Westbrook Trade With Miami Heat
Cavs News: Cavaliers to Sign Matthew Dellavedova to One-Year, $1.2M Deal
- Updated: July 27, 2015
Matthew Dellavedova will return to the Cavs on a one-year deal worth approximately $1.2 million, source w/ knowledge of the deal tells ESPN
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) July 27, 2015
The two-year veteran will return to Cleveland coming off of a strong playoff performance. Dellavedova was thrust into the starting lineup at different points throughout the postseason due to injuries to starter Kyrie Irving.
Due to being over the salary cap, Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated is reporting the $4 million Dellavedova was seeking was simply unrealistic.
Cavs tax situation made offering @MatthewDelly the $4 million per season he was seeking unrealistic. He'll try to cash in next summer.
— Chris Mannix (@ChrisMannixSI) July 27, 2015
Dellavedova was a restricted free agent, so even if the point guard signed an offer sheet from another team the Cavaliers would have had the option to match. This will not be the case next season as he will be an unrestricted free agent following the conclusion of the 2015-16 season.
Dellavedova will likely be third on the point guard depth chart behind Irving and Mo Williams. The two-year veteran has averaged 4.7 points and 2.8 assists per game in two seasons in Cleveland.