- Kendrick Perkins Takes Jab at Kyrie Irving Replacing Pau Gasol as NBPA Vice President
- Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Expected to Replace Head Coach John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Has Become ‘Unhappy’ and ‘Miserable’ as Cavs Head Coach
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Step Down as Cavs Head Coach
- Video: Kevin Love Shares Powerful Words About Depression Alongside Barack Obama
- Darius Garland Being Compared to Stephen Curry and Damian Lillard
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Putting in Additional Work in After 2020 Rising Stars Game
- Dwyane Wade Says He Felt Like a ‘Zombie’ During His Stint on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Player Believes Andre Drummond Gives Team ‘Championship-Level Frontcourt’
- Tristan Thompson Says LeBron James Has ‘Worst Diet Ever’ and ‘Eats Like S—‘
Report: Cavs Add Levi Randolph and Malik Newman to Training Camp Roster
- Updated: August 7, 2019
While the Cleveland Cavaliers haven’t made any big splashes this summer, the rebuilding team is slowly improving the roster with small additions.
According to Sam Amico of AmicoHoops.net, the Cavs have added guards Levi Randolph and Malik Newman to their training camp roster.
Randolph, 26, took part in training camp with the Cavs in 2018. During his time with the Cavs’ G League affiliate Canton Charge last season, the 6-foot-6 guard put up 14.6 points and 4.1 rebounds in 50 games.
Meanwhile, Newman averaged 12.0 points and 3.0 rebounds in 25 contests with the Charge last season. The University of Kansas product was traded to the Charge from the Sioux Falls Skyforce in the middle of the year.
During the 2019 Las Vegas Summer League, Newman was the Cavs’ second-leading scorer with 14.0 points per game.
While it’s unlikely both guards will make the regular season roster, the Cavs are putting together an arsenal of young, competent players to pick from at any point this upcoming year.
However, if injuries occur, the team will have cultured, trained players, such as Newman and Randolph, to serve as substitutes.