- Report: Kevin Love Not Planning to Miss Any More Games Following All-Star Break
- Channing Frye reveals his favorite youngster among promising Duke University trio
- Cavs Coach Compares Draft Prospect Zion Williamson to Hall of Famer
- Report: Cavs Could Have 4 1st-Round Picks by June
- Kevin Durant’s response when asked if he thinks LeBron James is still NBA’s greatest
- Khloe Kardashian Breaks Up With Tristan Thompson After He Allegedly Cheats With Jordyn Woods
- Report: There’s ‘Internal Belief’ That Winning Basketball Could Be Coming Soon for Cavs
- Kirk Cousins Explains Why He ‘Totally Understands’ Why LeBron James Left Cavs
- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
Cavs News: James Jones and Cavaliers Agree to One-Year Deal
- Updated: July 23, 2015
According to Chris Haynes of the Northeast Ohio Media Group, Jones has reached an agreement on a one-year deal to return to the franchise for a second season. The contract is for the veteran’s minimum.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) July 23, 2015
Haynes stated the following in regards to Jones’ contract situation:
“The contract, according to one source, is for the veteran’s minimum. The paperwork was faxed to Jones on Thursday, who is in Florida with family. The contract is expected to be signed and finalized as early as tomorrow.”
The 34-year-old veteran will be playing in his sixth consecutive season as a teammate of LeBron James. Jones has won two NBA championships and made five consecutive Finals appearances as a member of both the Cavaliers and Miami Heat.
He averaged 4.4 points and shot 36 percent from three-point range while appearing in 57 games last season.