- Andre Drummond opens up about uncertain future with Cavs following Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Cavs have begun exploring trade options for JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs offer major update on when Darius Garland and Collin Sexton could return
- Andre Drummond offers powerful message of support after Kevin Porter Jr. rejoins Cavs
- Former Cavs big man emphatically predicts team will trade Andre Drummond
- Report: Cavs-Wizards matchups on Sunday and Monday postponed due to COVID-19
- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
Cavs News: James Jones and Cavaliers Agree to One-Year Deal
- Updated: July 23, 2015
According to Chris Haynes of the Northeast Ohio Media Group, Jones has reached an agreement on a one-year deal to return to the franchise for a second season. The contract is for the veteran’s minimum.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) July 23, 2015
Haynes stated the following in regards to Jones’ contract situation:
“The contract, according to one source, is for the veteran’s minimum. The paperwork was faxed to Jones on Thursday, who is in Florida with family. The contract is expected to be signed and finalized as early as tomorrow.”
The 34-year-old veteran will be playing in his sixth consecutive season as a teammate of LeBron James. Jones has won two NBA championships and made five consecutive Finals appearances as a member of both the Cavaliers and Miami Heat.
He averaged 4.4 points and shot 36 percent from three-point range while appearing in 57 games last season.