- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Cavs Rumors: LaMarcus Aldridge Interested in Joining Cavaliers
- Updated: May 2, 2015
Love continues to say that he wishes to remain in Cleveland for the long term, however, if Love were to go against his season-long word, rumor has it that David Griffin has one hell of a Plan B.
“The line is long and growing amid the rising whispers in recent weeks that Aldridge is far more gettable than we’ve been led to believe for months. …
We’re hearing Aldridge connected to both [Dallas and San Antonio] so frequently that you can only conclude that neither idea scares him.
Yet sources insist — yes, at this early juncture — that San Antonio is near or at the top of Aldridge’s list … unless the Cleveland Cavaliers were to lose Kevin Love and then somehow manufacture a way to sign-and-trade for him.”
In other words, if Love were to sport a different uniform next season, the Cavaliers would be at the top of Aldridge’s wish list as a future suitor.
Unlike Love, the Cavs would be able to swing a sign-and-trade, which would mean the 29-year-old Aldridge would be in Cleveland for the next several seasons.
Although Aldridge would make considerably more money if he inks a long-term contract in Portland, the possibility of playing alongside LeBron James in Cleveland and contend for an NBA title cannot be replaced by a dollar amount.