- Iman Shumpert clears up what Kyrie Irving meant after seemingly dissing LeBron James
- Cavs superstar Kevin Love seen working out in New York with renowned trainer
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
Cavs News: Kevin Love Expected to Miss Rest of Playoffs
- Updated: April 28, 2015
The status of Kevin Love for the remainder of the postseason took a sharp hit on Tuesday when Cleveland Cavaliers’ general manager David Griffin announced that the team is not expecting the power forward to return this season.
The report, from Tom Withers of the Associated Press, noted that Griffin said that it would be “a real surprise” if Love is able to resume playing, since he reportedly had “extensive” damage to his shoulder. In addition, a tweet from the Akron Beacon Journal’s Jason Lloyd says that surgery is an option.
— Jason Lloyd (@JasonLloydABJ) April 28, 2015
On Monday, it was announced that Love would miss the Cavaliers’ upcoming series in the Eastern Conference semifinals against either the Chicago Bulls or Milwaukee Bucks, with the first game tentatively scheduled for next Monday.
Currently, the Bulls lead their series 3-2, but have dropped two straight contests and must face the Bucks in Milwaukee on Thursday.
Love injured his shoulder in Sunday’s clinching victory over the Boston Celtics when he and Boston forward Kelly Olynyk got their arms entangled while going for a loose ball. Olynyk appeared to twist Love’s arm to cause the injury, a charge that Olynyk denied. However, he has been suspended for one game at the start of next season.