- Cavs News: Jordan Clarkson Signs With Rich Paul and Klutch Sports
- Report: Cavs Turned Down Multiple J.R. Smith Offers That Would Have Netted 1st-Round Pick
- Report: J.R. Smith and Kyle Korver Expected to Sign With Lakers
- Koby Altman Offers High Praise for Dylan Windler
- Cavs News: Darius Garland Among Favorites to Win Rookie of the Year
- Report: Some Players on Cavs Think Collin Sexton Is Best as 6th Man
- Channing Frye Campaigns for Kevin Love to Join Portland Trail Blazers
- LeBron James and Chris Paul Support Kevin Love’s Cheat Day on Instagram
- Steph Curry Reveals Sole Regret He Had During Warriors-Cavs Championship Battles
- Larry Nance Jr. Thinks It’s Hilarious That Lakers Are Interested in D’Angelo Russell Again
Cavs News: David Blatt Named Eastern Conference Coach of the Month
- Updated: April 1, 2015
According to an official release from the NBA today, Cleveland Cavaliers (48-27) head coach David Blatt was named the NBA Eastern Conference Coach of the Month for March after his team went 11-4 during that span. Golden State Warriors (61-13) head coach Steve Kerr won the award for the Western Conference.
Blatt is the first Cavs head coach to receive this honor since Mike Brown won the award back in December of 2009. Coach Blatt, who is the fifth Cavs head coach to be awarded NBA Eastern Conference Coach of the Month, joins George Karl, Lenny Wilkens, Mike Fratello and Brown on that list.
Cavs’ David Blatt, Warriors’ Steve Kerr, both in first NBA seasons, named NBA coaches of month for March.
— Sam Amico (@SamAmicoFSO) April 1, 2015
In the month of March, Blatt’s Cavs put up some pretty impressive numbers. While Cleveland managed to score 107 points per game over last month, their opponents scored a mere 97.9 per contest. As a team, the Cavs shot a whopping 46.9 percent from the floor and 39.9 percent from behind the arc (12.3 three pointers made per game).
Blatt and his Cavs will look to kick off the month of April and finish the regular season on a high note when the Miami Heat (34-40) come to town on Tuesday night. Cleveland has struggled in three contests with the Heat this season, going 1-2 against them and have dropped both games played in Miami.
Tuesday night’s game, which is scheduled to tip off shortly after 8:00 pm ET at Quicken Loans Arena, will be broadcast nationally on TNT.