- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Cavs News: Shawn Marion Nearing Return to Action
- Updated: March 9, 2015
Marion had been struggling for a month with hip trouble before taking time off to let the hip recover. Cavs head coach David Blatt said that Marion’s status will be assessed after a team practice in San Antonio on Wednesday. If he’s deemed healthy, he could see action in one of the team’s back-to-back Florida games against the Orlando Magic or Miami Heat on Sunday or Monday.
Blatt said, “Shawn is out on the court, which is a good sign. He’s still not ready. He’s definitely coming along in the process well.”
Marion, who had announced in January that he’d be retiring at the end of this season, is averaging career lows in points (4.9), rebounds (3.5) and minutes (20 per game). His spot in the team’s rotation has slowly diminished over the course of the campaign, picking up speed after the team’s trades with the New York Knicks and Denver Nuggets.
Blatt gave no indication exactly how much time on the court Marion would get, saying, “His role is to be determined. That’s the best way to put it…We’re anxious to get him back.”
Cleveland plays in Dallas against the Mavericks on Tuesday night. Prior to the start of the game, Dallas will present a video tribute to Marion, who signed with the Cavaliers after playing five seasons with the Mavericks. During his second year there (2010-11), the team captured an NBA title.