- John Beilein Says Collin Sexton Is Big Reason Why He Joined Cavs
- Richard Jefferson’s 3 Hilarious Tweets Sum Up Warriors-Blazers Series Perfectly
- Cavs News: Collin Sexton Named to All-Rookie Second Team
- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
- Report: Cavs Will ‘Undoubtedly’ Try to Get Another 1st-Round Pick for 2019 NBA Draft
- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits Eastern Conference Easier Now That LeBron James Is Gone
Cavs Rumors: Ray Allen Spotted in Cleveland, Expected to Make Decision Soon
- Updated: February 19, 2015
Ray Allen’s decision on whether or not to return to play for the Cleveland Cavaliers may be coming soon, with the veteran having reportedly been seen in Cleveland on Monday, according to a tweet from Cleveland sportscaster Mike Cairns of WEWS, the city’s ABC affiliate.
I think we are getting close to a decision #Cavs fans. I am hearing Ray Allen was in Cleveland yesterday. expected to make decision soon.
— Mike Cairns (@MikeCairns5) February 17, 2015
Allen recently said that he would wait until after the All-Star break before making a decision to either come back or retire. A number of other teams have reportedly expressed interest in signing the 39-year-old known for his long-range shooting ability. These teams include the Atlanta Hawks, Golden State Warriors, Los Angeles Clippers and Washington Wizards.
The rumor only heightens the suspense for Cavaliers fans, who have been wondering since last August about the possibility of Allen playing another season. If he does sign with the Cavaliers, his role will be to contribute in the backcourt for brief periods and to provide a lethal three-point threat.
Last month, LeBron James visited with Allen, while he was recovering from his knee troubles. While no information was disclosed on what was discussed, it seems quite obvious that James was recruiting him for what is a hoped-for deep run in the postseason.
The Cavaliers resume their season on Friday night with a road game against the Wizards.