- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
Cavs Rumors: Ray Allen To Make Decision After All-Star Break, Cavs Among Strongest Suitors
- Updated: February 10, 2015
After a half-season of keeping a number of teams in limbo, veteran Ray Allen has reportedly said he will decide whether or not he’ll return to the NBA after the league’s All-Star weekend.
According to Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com, Allen could have meetings with a number of contending teams that have expressed interest in signing the free agent. Chief among them, of course, are the Cleveland Cavaliers, who have an open roster spot and still need to bolster their depth on the bench.
Allen and LeBron James met last month in Miami while James was rehabbing a knee injury that kept him out of action for two weeks. Allen’s friendship with other Cavaliers, Mike Miller and James Jones, could also end up playing a role.
The Hawks appear to be the Cavs’ main competitor in this horse race, since they currently have the best record in the NBA and are more of a three-point shooting team, Allen’s forte, than Cleveland.
One other reason, which could turn out to be the most important, is that Atlanta is much closer to Allen’s Miami home.
The Cavaliers will host the Heat on Wednesday night, the first of two games before the start of the week-long All-Star break.