- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Cavs News: Kyrie Irving to Compete in NBA Three-Point Contest
- Updated: February 3, 2015
Looking to recapture the NBA Three-Point Contest title he first won two years ago, Kyrie Irving has been selected to compete in this year’s event, according to Chris Haynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, who quoted a league source.
The competition will take place on February 14 as part of the NBA All-Star Weekend. The following night, Irving will compete in his third All-Star Game, looking to continue the success from last year’s clash when he won Most Valuable Player accolades after he scored 31 points and 14 assists.
Last season, the San Antonio Spurs’ Marco Belinelli won the Three-Point competition, and is expected to defend his title. Others who figure to take part include Wesley Matthews of the Portland Trail Blazers, Klay Thompson and Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors, J.J. Redick of the Los Angeles Clippers and Kyle Korver of the Atlanta Hawks.
Irving has drained 97 threes this season entering Monday night’s game and is shooting 41 percent from long range. In his 55-point performance against Portland last week, he set a new Cavaliers record with 11 three-pointers, including a pair down the stretch.