- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
- Cavs break silence regarding Kevin Porter Jr.’s troubling arrest
- Report: Celtics offered multiple 1st-round picks for Cavs’ No. 5 overall pick
- Cavs news: Kevin Porter Jr. arrested on weapons charges
- Report: Veteran big man would ‘love to play’ for Cavs as free agency nears
Tristan Thompson Files Lawsuit Against Woman Claiming He’s Father of Her Son
- Updated: May 20, 2020
However, it seems that he is also gearing up for another battle, albeit on a different court. According to a report by TMZ, Thompson has just filed a lawsuit against Kimberly Alexander.
“Alexander has persisted in publicly proclaiming that Thompson is her child’s father and she has maliciously accused Thompson of being a deadbeat dad, ‘neglecting’ and failing to take financial responsibility for the child since birth,” the lawsuit states.
“To quote Michael Jackson, ‘the kid is not (his) son’.”
Alexander has been publicly claiming that Thompson is the father of her five-year-old son. The NBA veteran took a paternity test last January, which revealed that the child is not his.
The model took to social media to accuse the lab who administered the test of sabotage and to insist that Thompson is indeed the father. She took it a step further by accusing Khloe Kardashian of paying the lab to rig the result. Kardashian is Thompson’s ex-girlfriend, with whom he has a two-year-old daughter.
“I’m not hurting for no money loves. I want #truth,” she wrote.
“My mother passed away in 2012 Tristan I didn’t even know you then. If ur gonna come clean come alllll the way clean. (sic)”
Thompson and Kardashian responded by sending a cease-and-desist letter to Alexander, asking her to stop defaming them and saying that Thompson is willing to undergo another paternity test with another reputable facility. But Alexander even posted the letter on social media.
With no other recourse, Thompson decided to follow through with a lawsuit against Alexander.
“(Alexander) is a wannabe social media influencer and pornographic model/performer who is so desperate to achieve her fifteen minutes of fame that she recently fabricated a false claim that NBA star/Cleveland Cavaliers centre/power forward Thompson is the father of her nearly five-year-old son,” the lawsuit states.
Hopefully, this legal battle will not be too much of a distraction for Thompson, who has taken on a leadership role for the Cavaliers organization after LeBron James left in 2018.