- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Cavs News: Cavs Fear Anderson Varejao May Have Torn Achilles
- Updated: December 24, 2014
Cavs’ Anderson Varejao has left foot/ankle injury. Will not return vs Wolves.
— Sam Amico (@SamAmicoFSO) December 24, 2014
Varejao was unable to put any weight on his left leg as his teammates had to help carry him off the court. Sam Amico of Fox Sports also reported that Varejao left the locker room wearing crutches and further evaluation will be done tomorrow.
On the downside for Cavs, Anderson Varejao left locker room on crutches wearing an air cast. Status update expected tomorrow. — Sam Amico (@SamAmicoFSO) December 24, 2014
The most recent and quite possibly most devastating news up until now however, has been reported by Brian Windhorst and Marc Stein of ESPN, who have stated,
“Initial tests weren’t able to determine the severity of the injury and Varejao was forced to leave the arena on crutches, with league sources telling ESPN.com that the Cavs fear one potential outcome is a torn Achilles.”
We will keep you updated on the status of Varejao’s injury as he awaits for the swelling to go down before being evaluated again on Wednesday.