- Andre Drummond opens up about uncertain future with Cavs following Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Cavs have begun exploring trade options for JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs offer major update on when Darius Garland and Collin Sexton could return
- Andre Drummond offers powerful message of support after Kevin Porter Jr. rejoins Cavs
- Former Cavs big man emphatically predicts team will trade Andre Drummond
- Report: Cavs-Wizards matchups on Sunday and Monday postponed due to COVID-19
- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
Cavs News: Cavs Fear Anderson Varejao May Have Torn Achilles
- Updated: December 24, 2014
Cavs’ Anderson Varejao has left foot/ankle injury. Will not return vs Wolves.
— Sam Amico (@SamAmicoFSO) December 24, 2014
Varejao was unable to put any weight on his left leg as his teammates had to help carry him off the court. Sam Amico of Fox Sports also reported that Varejao left the locker room wearing crutches and further evaluation will be done tomorrow.
On the downside for Cavs, Anderson Varejao left locker room on crutches wearing an air cast. Status update expected tomorrow. — Sam Amico (@SamAmicoFSO) December 24, 2014
The most recent and quite possibly most devastating news up until now however, has been reported by Brian Windhorst and Marc Stein of ESPN, who have stated,
“Initial tests weren’t able to determine the severity of the injury and Varejao was forced to leave the arena on crutches, with league sources telling ESPN.com that the Cavs fear one potential outcome is a torn Achilles.”
We will keep you updated on the status of Varejao’s injury as he awaits for the swelling to go down before being evaluated again on Wednesday.