- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Minnesota Timberwolves Game Recap: New Big 3 Combine for 71 in Tight Win
- Video: LeBron James Throws Filthy Bounce Pass Through Andrew Wiggins’ Legs
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers to Increase Payroll After Kevin Love’s Injury
- LeBron James Speaks Out on Effect of Kevin Love’s Injury
- Cavs News: Kevin Love to Miss Six Weeks After Undergoing Knee Surgery
- Report: Cavs Release Updated Timetable for J.R. Smith’s Return
- Cavs Concerned Kevin Love Could Be in Line for ‘Extended Absence’
- Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Trade Chris Andersen to Charlotte Hornets
- LeBron James Gives His Opinion on Derrick Williams’ Future With Cavs
- Report: Kevin Love Could Miss Extended Period of Time Due to Injury
Cavs News: Channing Frye Out Indefinitely Due to Tragic Personal Matter
- Updated: October 28, 2016
According to Dave McMenamin of ESPN, the Cleveland Cavaliers will be without the services of forward/center Channing Frye for an indefinite period of time in order for him to deal with the death of his mother, who has passed away from cancer.
The 33-year-old veteran didn’t make the trip to Toronto, though the team had only previously referred to his absence as dealing with a “personal matter.”
Channing Frye is excused from the Cavs indefinitely after his mother lost a long battle to cancer Thursday https://t.co/LwqB6SUG5j
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) October 28, 2016
Frye isn’t expected back until next week, which means that he’s also likely to miss Saturday night’s home game against the Orlando Magic. The next game on the team’s schedule is on Tuesday against the Houston Rockets.
Cleveland Cavaliers say Iman Shumpert will play tonight against the Toronto Raptors after passing the concussion protocol.
— Clevis Murray (@ClevisMurray) October 28, 2016