- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Donovan Mitchell warns Ja Morant not to encourage fans to recreate dunk attempt over Kevin Love
- Updated: December 20, 2020
After Memphis Grizzlies guard Ja Morant announced a contest that involved recreating dunks from his rookie season, Utah Jazz guard Donovan Mitchell brought up Morant’s memorable dunk attempt over Kevin Love last season.
You gon get people hurt trynna do that dunk over K love 😂😂😂
— Donovan Mitchell (@spidadmitchell) December 19, 2020
Morant actually missed what would have immediately become one of the most iconic dunks in NBA history. His effort took place last December at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse and involved him trying to jump over Love in the paint.
The missed dunk attempt was one of the few things that didn’t go smoothly for Morant, who ended his first NBA season by winning the league’s Rookie of the Year award.
Love was able to find the humor in being on the receiving end of Morant’s would-be dunk, joking in the aftermath of the game that the play nearly ended his career.
In truth, other players have been on the receiving end of such dunks during their time on the court, though Morant’s athleticism may set his dunks apart.
That rare athletic ability may end up making it impossible for any fan to try to recreate, though it seems likely one will end up making the effort.