- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Report: Cavs to be without 4 players for tonight’s preseason game vs. Pacers
- Updated: December 12, 2020
The Cleveland Cavaliers open their preseason slate tonight against the Indiana Pacers.
However, the Cavs will be without several key players as they prepare for the 2020-21 season.
Injury update for the #Cavs first preseason game against the Pacers:
— Kelsey Russo (@kelseyyrusso) December 12, 2020
Sexton is dealing with a right ankle sprain, and the Cavs are likely being cautious with their top guard ahead of this season.
Porter Jr., the No. 30 overall pick in the 2020 NBA Draft, will not play due to personal reasons. The promising young forward was arrested recently.
The Cavs are looking to head into the 2020-21 season with some positive momentum after a brutal 19-46 finish last season.
Both Sexton and Porter Jr. figured to be big parts of the Cavs’ future, but Porter Jr.’s situation is a little more murky following his arrest.
Sexton, on the other hand, will likely be one of the Cavs’ leading scorers this season. Last year, he averaged 20.8 points per game.