- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Report: Cavs have ‘expectation of ascension’ for Collin Sexton and Kevin Porter Jr.
- Updated: December 1, 2020
The Cleveland Cavaliers are counting on internal growth after not making any huge moves this offseason.
“Even if the rest of the league sees them in a different light, the Cavs believe in the young core,” Fedor wrote. “There’s an expectation of ascension from Sexton and Kevin Porter Jr.”
The Cavs have reason to believe Sexton can take his game to another level.
Sexton, 21, was on fire before the novel coronavirus halted the Cavs’ 2019-20 campaign. The point guard put up 30.0 points per game in the month of March.
He concluded his sophomore campaign with averages of 20.8 points, 3.1 boards and 3.0 assists per game. He led the Cavs in scoring last season.
As for Porter Jr., he has shown his upside on the court. The youngster collected 10.0 points, 3.2 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game last season.
However, he’s also been in headlines for a lot of bad news lately. The Cavs are still hopeful Porter Jr. can channel the energy together and have a terrific sophomore season.