- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
- Cavs break silence regarding Kevin Porter Jr.’s troubling arrest
- Report: Celtics offered multiple 1st-round picks for Cavs’ No. 5 overall pick
- Cavs news: Kevin Porter Jr. arrested on weapons charges
- Report: Veteran big man would ‘love to play’ for Cavs as free agency nears
- Larry Nance Jr. offers high praise for Miami Marlins’ historic hire of Kim Ng
Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Updated: November 16, 2020
The Ohio State Highway Patrol recently shared new details on the troubling case.
“Porter’s 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE was traveling eastbound on I-76 when it went off the roadway and turned over,” the report read. “When troopers arrived, they found the vehicle on the right side of the roadway with rollover damage. Porter was uninjured and not impaired, and was able to interact with first responders already on the scene. It was determined Porter was fatigued at the time, which caused him to lose control of the vehicle.”
Fortunately, Porter Jr. did not suffer any physical injuries or complications as a result of the accident. However, he was sent to jail for a few violations of the law.
“During the investigation, a loaded .45-caliber handgun and suspected marijuana were found inside his vehicle,” the Ohio State Highway Patrol reported.
“Porter, who was cooperative throughout, was cleared by EMS on the scene and taken to Mahoning County Jail for improper handling of a firearm in a motor vehicle, a felony offense; along with failure to control and misdemeanor possession of marijuana.”
The Cavs released a statement on Porter Jr.’s disappointing development.
Porter Jr., 20, was the last pick in the first round of the 2019 NBA Draft. Although the youngster has a ton of potential, he is constantly being worried about due to behavioral issues.
During his rookie season, he averaged 10.0 points, 3.2 rebounds and 2.2 assists in 50 games. The Cavs finished with the worst record in the Eastern Conference.
The University of Southern California product is a big part of the Cavs’ future.