- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
- Cavs break silence regarding Kevin Porter Jr.’s troubling arrest
- Report: Celtics offered multiple 1st-round picks for Cavs’ No. 5 overall pick
- Cavs news: Kevin Porter Jr. arrested on weapons charges
- Report: Veteran big man would ‘love to play’ for Cavs as free agency nears
- Larry Nance Jr. offers high praise for Miami Marlins’ historic hire of Kim Ng
Report: Cavs ‘eager to dump’ Kevin Love while ‘focused’ on drafting Obi Toppin
- Updated: November 13, 2020
The Cleveland Cavaliers will be busy ahead of the early start to the 2020-21 NBA season with a high pick in the upcoming draft and some roster concerns that need to be addressed.
“Okoro or Halliburton are possibilities for Cleveland but they appear to have focused on Toppin if he is on the board. The Cavs are eager to dump Kevin Love and need some long-term answers at power forward,” wrote Sean Deveney of Heavy.com.
Love has been mentioned in trade rumors every season since he arrived in Cleveland.
Although Love ultimately went on to win a title playing alongside LeBron James, the Cavs haven’t had any success with him being the only star on the team since James’ departure two years ago.
With the team in rebuilding mode, the Cavs likely would prefer assets rather than Love’s contract moving forward. Cleveland is clearly more interested in building around Kevin Porter Jr., Collin Sexton and Darius Garland.
The real question now is whether the Cavs will be able to move Love before the season begins on Dec. 22. Many teams are expected to be active on the trade market, and Love could be an interesting piece for a contending team.