- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Cavs News: LeBron James Misses Practice Due to Off-Court Matter
- Updated: November 22, 2016
There’s little that stands in the way of basketball for Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James, but when it comes to legal proceedings, there’s not much even James can do about it. Those circumstances resulted in his missing the team’s practice on Tuesday.
Joe Vardon of Cleveland.com indicated that James gave a deposition as a part of a lawsuit against the players union (NBPA) by Billy Hunter, its former executive director. Hunter is claiming wrongful termination after he was dismissed in February 2013 after serving in that capacity for 17 years, and is asking for $10.5 million in damages.
James currently serves as the NBPA’s vice president, though he wasn’t elected to that position until Feb. 2015. However, even prior to that, he had been active in union affairs. His teammate, James Jones, was at the team’s practice and is also scheduled to give a deposition at some point in the future. Jones currently serves as the NBPA’s secretary-treasurer.
Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue said after practice that James had reportedly given the deposition somewhere in northeastern Ohio. He indicated that the superstar forward will be in the lineup for Wednesday night’s home game against the Portland Trail Blazers.