- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Cavs News: LeBron James Misses Practice Due to Off-Court Matter
- Updated: November 22, 2016
There’s little that stands in the way of basketball for Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James, but when it comes to legal proceedings, there’s not much even James can do about it. Those circumstances resulted in his missing the team’s practice on Tuesday.
Joe Vardon of Cleveland.com indicated that James gave a deposition as a part of a lawsuit against the players union (NBPA) by Billy Hunter, its former executive director. Hunter is claiming wrongful termination after he was dismissed in February 2013 after serving in that capacity for 17 years, and is asking for $10.5 million in damages.
James currently serves as the NBPA’s vice president, though he wasn’t elected to that position until Feb. 2015. However, even prior to that, he had been active in union affairs. His teammate, James Jones, was at the team’s practice and is also scheduled to give a deposition at some point in the future. Jones currently serves as the NBPA’s secretary-treasurer.
Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue said after practice that James had reportedly given the deposition somewhere in northeastern Ohio. He indicated that the superstar forward will be in the lineup for Wednesday night’s home game against the Portland Trail Blazers.