- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
- Cavs break silence regarding Kevin Porter Jr.’s troubling arrest
- Report: Celtics offered multiple 1st-round picks for Cavs’ No. 5 overall pick
- Cavs news: Kevin Porter Jr. arrested on weapons charges
- Report: Veteran big man would ‘love to play’ for Cavs as free agency nears
- Larry Nance Jr. offers high praise for Miami Marlins’ historic hire of Kim Ng
Cavs big man Kevin Love has pointed plea for Joe Biden after securing presidency
- Updated: November 7, 2020
46 🇺🇸 – Please help us Heal 🙏🏻
Love didn’t mention Biden’s name, but it’s clear that his plea was directed at Biden, who will be replacing President Donald Trump.
Since Trump was inaugurated in January 2017, the animosity of both sides from the political aisle, as well as racial strife, have reached often dangerous levels. Judging from Love’s social media posts, it’s clear that he believes that the elevated level of anger should be directed at Trump.
One example of that came after the first presidential debate between Biden and Trump, when Love directed a pointed criticism at President Trump for his repeated interruptions of Biden and moderator Chris Wallace.
More importantly, the conflicts in general have no doubt affected the mental health of Americans across the country, something that’s become a central focus for Love.
While Love will be focusing on playing basketball during the upcoming 2020-21 NBA season, his high profile in discussing the concept of mental health could mean that he can make more of an impact with the incoming Biden administration.