- Channing Frye rips Milwaukee Bucks and Giannis Antetokounmpo after Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
- Cavs break silence regarding Kevin Porter Jr.’s troubling arrest
- Report: Celtics offered multiple 1st-round picks for Cavs’ No. 5 overall pick
- Cavs news: Kevin Porter Jr. arrested on weapons charges
Report: Tristan Thompson not yet satisfied with compensation Cavs offering in new deal
- Updated: November 5, 2020
That could change this offseason as the 6-foot-9 big man is currently an unrestricted free agent. There are reports that a reunion is in the works for the two sides. However, it seems that Thompson is not satisfied with the team’s current offer.
Many Cavaliers fans would love to see The University of Texas at Austin alum back in Cleveland. After all, he was instrumental in helping the franchise earn its first NBA championship back in 2016.
However, if Thompson does return, it is unclear what role he would play for the Cavaliers. The frontcourt is currently expected to be quite loaded with veterans such as Andre Drummond, Kevin Love and Larry Nance Jr.
The Cavaliers could also draft a big man in the 2020 NBA Draft if a high-tier prospect like James Wiseman or Obi Toppin is still available with the fifth overall pick.