- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Here’s the Latest Update on ‘Mutual Interest’ Between Tristan Thompson and the Cavs
- Updated: September 22, 2020
“The team source said that there’s ‘a lot of mutual interest’ between Cleveland and Thompson,” Davies wrote. “In a sense, who the team drafts could play a significant role in that free-agency decision. Would it make sense for Thompson to return if Onyeka Okongwu is the selection at five? Though unlikely, if James Wiseman were to surprisingly slide to the Cavaliers and they nabbed him, re-signing Thompson may no longer be a priority.”
While re-signing Thompson will clearly come down to what the Cavs do with the No. 5 overall pick in the upcoming NBA draft, it is possible that the big man will return.
Thompson is coming off of a career year in which he averaged a career-high 12.0 points to go along with 10.1 rebounds per game.
The Cavs addition of center Andre Drummond brought Thompson’s future with the team into question, but it seems that he could still be a part of its future plans.
Thompson won an NBA title with the Cavs in 2016. He has proven over the course of his career to be a solid inside presence and one of the best rebounders in the association.